Project 1 Preliminary roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
estrellau

Project 1 Preliminary roughs

Post by estrellau »

This are my final preliminary roughs I decided to do it pink color even though pink is not my color but its a cute color i wanted to try (。•ˇ‸ˇ•。)
For the second set I wanted it to have a neon vaporwave vibe
I liked how these websites looked but my roughs have no similarities LOL
https://www.thedigitalpanda.com/works
https://starfishproject.com/
Attachments
website_rough_02.png
website_phone_rough_02.png
website_rough.png
website_phone_rough.png
Last edited by estrellau on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Arisa

Re: Project 1 Preliminary roughs

Post by Arisa »

Hi Estrella! The 8bit font design in the middle is nice. If all the fonts were unified into 8bit font, it would be an elegant design. It would look even better with the TMCC logo underneath.
Last edited by Arisa on Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
:D Arisa Koike

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Estrella!

Wow, all these classes we've had together and still haven't played any video games together?? We gotta change that. Anyways, I absolutely adore your roughs. I think your typefaces really work well together and I love the look. I'm not sure how I feel about the white extending below the navigation bar though. I think it would look better to just extend the pink up to the navigation bar. I also am not a huge fan of the cloud background, but it still looks good with it. These are both pretty small details. Awesome work though! This looks great :D
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Estrella,
I really like your designs! I love the neon themed one! Every font you used went perfectly with the theme. For the pink theme, I'm not a huge fan of the cloud background, but I don't see anything else I would change. I really like the icons included in both themes. They both look really good, great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Estrella!

I'm so torn between these two designs! I love that you contrasted your style so much between the two, I feel like I got to see 2 completely unique pieces. I think if I had to choose though I would lean more towards the neon design! I think it's just a bit more unique, and you would have more ways to customize it to be more personal or professional if need be.

These are really interesting designs, I'm so excited to see what you come up with for your final website : )
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Estrella,

I really like both of your designs. I especially like the cloud background you have going on and all the glowy neon in the black background one. I like the way that you framed your center text in both designs. I would say to make the TMCC logo more visible in the pink design layout. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Estrella!

Both of your designs are really strong! I think both designs are super cute, and represent you well. I think if you were to go for the first design, I would change the red streaks to a green or pink. I think the red is a bit distracting and pulls my eyes away from the important information. And maybe also bring the girl out a bit as well, make her slightly brighter? Also capitalize the "i"s too.

The second design is the strongest and I love it. I would make the top banner taller and center the strawberry design in the rectangle. Also moving it down away from the text to make sure the two are not touching. I would center your email and the TMCC logo in the bottom banner as well. I love the color and theme of this design. :P
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Olive

Post by Olive »

Hi Estrella :D

Your designs are super good! I like the pink layout rather than the neon one, mostly because the colors you u=used for the neon either fade into the background to where I can't see them or the colors are too bright where they're hard to look at. The pastel pink and white color combination is definitely pretty to look at my suggestion for that one is to maybe space out the type for the "Web Design & Publishing"
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Estrella,
These designs are really nice! I really like your neon layout, even if the image does fade into the background it's still there enough to see it and everything blends well from the colors to the chosen typefaces and is all still legible. The pink one is nice for how bright and playful it is but I think the neon one is just super cool and has an edge to it that I have seen in your previous work.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Estrella,
I'm really digging the neon website design. I like how the GRC 175 text is big on the website, and the class name is next to it. Did you try that for the mobile version? I just think it's a better layout when the texts are side by side. Also, adding the TMCC logo on the website version. Other than that these are awesome!
Kassandra Fuentes