Project 1 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Project 1 Preliminary

Post by Hamistani »

Hello You guys!
Here are the websites that inspired me:
https://shopwalkerandsky.com/
https://www.hellomonday.com/
https://nathan.tokyo/
The Walker and Sky website inspired me because it has a clean look, and I like the image bar because it adds a dash of color to their black and white look. The Hello Monday website has a slick black and white look, but it also had a fun animation that caught my eye. Lastly, the Nathan Tokyo website is crowded, but it caught my eye because he's an interactive designer and each square on his website is interactive. I think it does a great job showing what he does.

In my first rough, I wanted an image to brighten up my layout, hence the green leaves. I like the leaves because they give the project a boho touch while keeping a clean look. I wanted to keep it looking professional, but I also wanted to add a little bit of my personality to it. The girl filled in the negative space and added a little more color to the project that I liked.
project1-hma-03.png
project1-hma_02.png
In my second rough, I wanted a black and white look, but looking at it, I realized it needed a dash of color hence the blue top bar. However, I keep changing the color between orange and blue. I did decide to go with the blue though because it kept the layout looking calm. However, I might go back. When I first started on this design, I was thinking of a sketching cartoon theme, but when I included the girl I decided to make it more minimalist. I kept it very simple, with a small dash of color.
project1-hma-05.png
project1-hma-04.png
Thank you, I am eager to hear your feedback!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Re: Project 1 Preliminary

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Heather,
These are both so cool and I love the sketches of the girls that you have on each of them. I think the second is best because I like how the image of the girl takes up more space and her position, and I think I also like that font you used for your name better than the one in the first rough, I think it's just a little bit more legible. These both look really good.
JacklynYamine

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Heather,
I really like the imagery you used and how organized your layout is! Both are very clean and I really enjoyed the colors you used. As for the second layout, the only change I would make is the direction the girl is facing. I think if you have her facing towards your text it would help your viewer’s eye move towards your content.
Overall, I really love it and think it all looks super great.
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Heather. I really like both of your layouts. I like the contrast in the first set of layouts and I also like the negative space used in the second set. I like the way text pops out from the layouts with the plant background and design of the girl on both of them. I think I like the second one just a little more because the banner on the top seems just a bit busy with all of the plants. It's funny though because I used plants in one of mine as well. The title with your name looks really nice and whimsical as well. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Heather!

WOW I love the colors you used for both of these designs, especially the first one! I can definitely see how you combine softer typography with modern design, and I think that combinations works so well as a personal, professional website! I think I like the layout of the second one just a bit better with how you separated your tabs and spaced your work, but the color scheme of the first one is so beautiful! I think you can take really strong elements from both and put it into one super design and that would look amazing!

Great job, I can't wait to see the finished website!
-Kendall Mann

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Heather!

Wow, really strong designs here. Both hold their own. I thiiiiink I like the second one better, altho its a close call. I dig the font you chose along with the illustration style, makes the whole thing look scribbly (in a good way) and like it has movement. Nice use of white space too. I am never strong with using asymmetrical compositions but yours adds visual interest. My only suggestion is to give your name and navigation bar a little breathing room.
Kiana Bohm

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I actually enjoy your website layout alot. If I were you I may change the contrast in your typography. Possibly a bolder headline and slightly bolder body text! I think you have a good start.
gclouser701

Olive

Post by Olive »

Hiya Heather :)

Your designs have a stylish feel to them I favor the second one because of the colors you've chosen blue does give off a calm vibe. My only advice is that maybe trying to find higher resolution images the woman you have in your second design has some pixelated edges and a smoother image would match your aesthetic. 8-)
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Heather,
I love your web designs! I'm really digging your first layout. For the second one I would recommend maybe adding the blue color to the About Me, just to give it a little more color. Other than that, you did a great job in designing these layouts and making them work for both the mobile and web versions :).
Kassandra Fuentes

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Heather!

I'm in love with the aesthetic of both of these designs. I love how clean both of these look and your font choices. Your layouts look really good and I love the images you have picked. Personally, I'm not entirely sure which one I like better but I'm leaning towards the first one. Your image looks really good with the background you have and they help to emphasize your theme. It also has a great two-thirds composition. Something I suggest is making the "About Me" text smaller due to hierarchy. It draws me in before your name, and your name should be drawing me in first. I would also explore some different sans serif fonts for your tabs. Besides that, awesome job! Can't wait to see the finalized version :D
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)