Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
rmepinero

Project 01 Final

Post by rmepinero »

Hello again everyone, it's Rowena.

I went with my second set of designs. I personally liked it more as it was a bit more dynamic and interesting without being super crazy. My other design definitely felt like it fell flat and didn't achieve the aesthetic and style I was aiming for. I also thought it was the most successful compared to my other one because this one allowed my viewer to move seamlessly from my introductory paragraph to my navigation buttons. I also enjoyed being able to mix my vector graphics and the real photos. And overall, I feel like this design allowed me to reflect more of myself and my style. Based on your guys' feedback, the only changes I made were to the font weight because the weight I had before was a bit too thin and there wasn't too much readability especially against the backgrounds that I had. I also made the tan color a smidge darker to help make my typography stand out more. I also made my TMCC logo a bit smaller, as it definitely needed more breathing room.
project_01_web_final.png
project01_mobile_final.png
And here are the websites on web design that helped me:
https://www.orbitmedia.com/blog/web-design-tips/

This site helped me to learn that visual hierarchy is pretty much key to a successful website and that complexity and clutter can often defer our viewers as they may find our sites too confusing if there’s too much going on visually and if there’s too much information to take in at once. Also it made it clear that just because a site is “beautiful” it might lack easy navigation.

https://99designs.com/blog/web-digital/ ... -websites/
While this site discusses different functions of websites, such as showcasing one’s portfolio or leading a reader into blogs or articles, it was helpful because it showed me that websites all generally need to be easy to navigate through regardless of why the site was intended. This site also helped me to understand that the homepage is often the most significant as it is what our audience first sees. This means that we need to make a good first impression and in web design that means creating a composition utilizes seamless navigation and impressive functionality, but is also visually interesting and that every design element is utilized to help our view move throughout our site.

https://xd.adobe.com/ideas/principles/w ... ge-design/
Navigating through this website helped me to grasp other terminology necessary for understanding web design. They walk through user flower, information architecture, visual hierarchy, navigation, and content strategy. While some of these terms may not be 100% related to our purses for this class they are still helpful things to keep in mind!

https://designmodo.com/web-design-project/
This site just had a fun infographic on building a website, specifically when you have to build one for someone else. What was most helpful for me was remembering my main objectives in creating this site (I mean other than creating a website for a grade haha). But really for us, we’re learning to build and design websites that are easy to navigate through and can potentially showcase our work.
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Instructor »

There it is. The kickass National Parks website.

Everything I mentioned in the preliminary critique is still there. The scenery. The dynamic movement. The easy to see and use navigation. The ease of navigation and information uptake. The great colors. I could go on. Okay one more. The sunrise "Welcome" is such a highlight. I just love the whole aesthetic of this thing. You even fixed the margin issues the first version had. On my second viewing, I'm finding even more to like. Especially the way the logo and landscape trade places on your mobile and computer designs. Everything looks similar, but they are very distinct.

The only little nitpick I see is that the left and right margins on your navigation, both within the buttons and on the navigation as a whole are uneven. Otherwise, that's it.

Just fantastic work, Rowena. Such a neat concept, so well executed. Be proud of it!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

estrellau

Post by estrellau »

Hi Rowena,
I like the bright colors you used and I like the red shadow you added for the effect if the sun. I also like the layout it is easy to understand
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Rowena,

I'm still in love with your concept...I'm glad you didn't change it too much :) Good work with making your body copy a little more readable, other than the you nailed. Love your little plant illustration near your name gahhh so cute!!
Kiana Bohm

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Rowena,
I love your design. I could barely think of anything to change in your preliminary draft and this one is just a little better. It is easy to read and really beautiful to look at. I love the colors you used and the subtle things you did draw the eye to the most important parts of the layout like the buttons, bio, and title. Great job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

This is really great. I think it has so many elements that just work so well together. The colors and the pictures are great. Cant wait to see the end.
gclouser701

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Rowena,
Your design looks great! I love how well it transitions from web to mobile. Now I can't wait to see it once it's published!
Kassandra Fuentes

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Absolutely love your final design. From the colors to font I think it's a great thing you put together. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Rowena,
I love this design so much! The colors, fonts, and margins look so good. I also really like the welcome over the sun. I would bring the TMCC logo a little bit to the left away from the "GRC 175..." because it looks a bit close. But other than this minor change, great job! I'm looking forward to seeing it up and running! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Rowena,
I'm so glad you chose to go with this design and didn't change too many things besides fixing anything that was mentioned before. I love your color scheme and fonts you chose, all together they have such a pleasing aesthetic. Great job, wonderful design. :D
JacklynYamine