Project 01 Final AG

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
dearangela

Project 01 Final AG

Post by dearangela »

Hey everyone,

I did the suggestions made by making the body copy bigger, making the TMCC logo more visible, and other elements like social icons and projects section. I would still like to create my own imagery and still play around with my components and layout, but for now, I am pleased with where this is going.

Here are my two links of inspiration.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/8126731 ... 0portfolio
https://webflow.com/blog/web-design-trends-2021
Attachments
project_01_final_ag-02.jpg
project_01_final_ag-01.jpg
angela_gutierrezgapuz

dearangela

Re: Project 01 Final AG

Post by dearangela »

zip attached.
Attachments
project_01_ag.zip
(104.44 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
angela_gutierrezgapuz

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Angela,

I'm glad you went for the warm color palette. Its very cozy! I also love your font choices, very artistic but clean. I still think you could go bigger with your body copy as you have plenty of room to do so.
Kiana Bohm

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

It's definitely very different. It gives me a bible feeling. That old mystique and ancient feel. I think it's good but I still think you can add some changes to the body copy so its easier to read.
gclouser701

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Angela,
I'm glad you went with the warm colors for your design! I like your monogram logo at the top, and how you incorporated those colors in your design. I would only suggest making the social icons white instead of black because I don't see any black in your design. That way it will all go together and be consistent.
Kassandra Fuentes

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

I like the sort of half borders you have the surround your picture. For the boxes your text is in I think it's a bit too close to the edge and it needs some breathing room. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So warm!

It's still got that wood inlaid look that was so cool about your preliminary version. In fact it looks like you didn't mess with that much at all. Good. It looked great on your preliminary work and it looks good here. My favorite bit is how the strips at the left side of your photo interact with the pale strip that has the social media links. As before, the image is 100% complimentary with your design and was a great choice for this thing. You didn't mess with the font selection either and that helps. I especially like the broken up colors in your logo. It really makes it feel hand assembled. It compliments the bodycopy well and is both readable and legible. The navigation's looking good and is easy to see and use. The final little detail is the inlaid social media along the left side. It adds a fun little detail and looks totally like it's made with cut wood.

The left and right margins on your bodycopy box are a little tight on both your computer and mobile layouts. Same with your class info.

Good job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Angela,
This looks really good! The color palette is very good, and the fonts you chose for your navigation buttons and name goes with the theme very well. The color scheme and backgrounds, make me want to crawl up by the fire and read a book. I would change the font of the body copy to something a bit bigger or make the text bigger because it looks a bit small and is hard to read. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Angela,
These came out really nice, everything is very complimentary of each other and has a very warm feel to it. I still really like your imagery and how you have the colored strips of border that push it in but it's not too tight and allows for you to put text outside of what you've already put over the image.
JacklynYamine

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hi Angela,
The color choice is great, it's warm and inviting. The thing I like the most is your personal logo on the top right, the logo itself is strong but the way you used different colors really makes it pop.