project 3 roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Kelsey_Reynolds

project 3 roughs

Post by Kelsey_Reynolds »

(sorry, forgot to add my original website link and description!)

Here are my 8 roughs for the ugly website i redesigned! I decided to redesign the Pacific Northern X-Ray company. for a couple of the designs i tried to incorporate some of the original color scheming, but put my own spin on it. I made the buttons much bigger and easier to navigate, and got rid of some of the unnecessary text and imagery, as well as the ugly hyperlinks under the buttons (those can be put on the page that the buttons lead to)

http://www2.pnwx.com/

mobile webs (dragged) 4.jpg
mobile webs (dragged) 3.jpg
mobile webs (dragged) 2.jpg
mobile webs (dragged).jpg
web webs (dragged).jpg
web webs (dragged) 2.jpg
web webs (dragged) 3.jpg
web webs (dragged) 4.jpg
Last edited by Kelsey_Reynolds on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kassandra

Re: project 3 roughs

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Kelsey,
I'm sorry but these all look like different main pages, I don't know if you did roughs for landing pages. With that said, I'm really liking the layout and design that has the blue gradient. I'm not a big fan of the transparent font, but I understand that you might want it to be associated with getting x-rays done. So maybe working on the font and some landing pages.
Kassandra Fuentes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Forgive me, but I think I'm seeing three designs here, so I'm not 100% sure what goes with what. That being said, I like the grayscale design the best. It has a 1950s mad science movie feel that's super fun.

Your grayscale design has, by far the best use of contrast out of all of these. I love the big black top bar with the all caps text and white logos(?). It looks like a warning sign of some sort. Those skeleton logos are hilarious. Makes me giggle every time I see 'em. And the wave background behind your content area is especially choice. I can feel the x-ray mutation rolling outward through my bones. It also moves the eye from the left to the right through the composition. I like some of the type you've chosen as well. The type in the header and the bodycopy work well together. I also like the 1950's advertising script you use for the little stingers throughout. "Simply the best!" Very mid-century magazine ad. Works well with the aesthetic you're going for here. Your navigation is easy to see and use too.

I'd recommend going and hunting down some images. The whole thing feels a little placeholder-y without any images. Your backgrounds are light enough that I'm not sure you even really need buttons. I think your navigation would work fine as text against your lighter colored background (or as white type on a black background in the case of your grayscale design). I'd ditch the font your grayscale design uses for it's navigation and go with the type you use in the top bar and in the company name above the address. It's much easier to read.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Kelsey,
I like your gray design the best out of all of them because it has a good layout and it goes with the theme of x-rays. I think if you only put one logo in the design instead of two it would look cleaner. Good work!
Kierann O'Hara

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Kelsey,
I like the colors blue and purple as well. I think that the grey and black design is the best one. The main text at the top is large and easy to read. The font used for the buttons is a little harder for me to read but I like that you are playing with style and trying to give it some personality. It has the right amount of information needed and the navigation bar looks good and the buttons look good. Great start!
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hey Kelsey, I like the pages with the pattern in the background vs. the ones with the gradients. I do think you're using too many different types of fonts though. I think your going in a good direction though. Nice work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kelsey,
While these are an improvement from the original/current site, there is still a bit too much going on here with the different fonts and colors being used. If you want a variety, try finding one or two fonts that go well with each other and that have a lot of different styles to them so that you can play with different weights of the same font rather than adding a new font altogether. I think your grayscale layout is working the best, but I do like that grayish blue color in the gradient that you use in your third design down from the grayscale computer layout. It's very cool how you took that image of an X-ray and made it into a logo to use on the site.
JacklynYamine

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kelsey!

I adore the black and white design! The gradient one is pretty, but this other design is so much more fitting for the website. It's very sci-fi horror themed which serves for an entertaining layout for a product that could be considered boring in any other light. I think if you play with fonts you can really pin down the aesthetic!

These designs were so cool, I can't wait to see the final website!
-Kendall Mann

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

Hi Kelsey. My suggestion to this would be for you to explore different typography and use Images. Currently, the site looks outdated like the early 2000s but new typography and images would change that.
gclouser701

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Kelsey,
I see multiple home pages, but out of those, I like the black and gray design the best. It reminds me of Frankenweenie. I love the font choices you chose, and the arrangement is nice. I would add more images to give the website a bit more contrast. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)