Project 3 final

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
Lemon_boi

Project 3 final

Post by Lemon_boi »

Hello! here is my final website. I got a bit more confident with my HTML understanding and how the basics work. This was easier to navigate compared to project 2 but I enjoyed it more this time around lol. I really hope to further improve for the last project.
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... y-vasquez/
Old website: http://somewhereintimereno.com/
Lin V. :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 final

Post by Instructor »

Oh this is a nice one! You've really captured your preliminary designs here, Lindsey.

As with your preliminary designs, you have great colors and photo selections here. Your type is great, too. It really fits the motif you've got going on here. Great margins everywhere and the Deco accents are doing a great job of separating things out and reinforcing the antique feel. Your homepage navigation is really easy to see and use. I find it pretty darn interesting that you went with a hub and spoke site layout, where everything routes through the home page. I haven't seen one in a while. Your design's decently responsive, too. A good blend of liquid design and media queries.

A pity the type is not live. Also, there's no navigation on the inside so it makes it tough to navigate from the inner pages.

Nice work, Lindsey.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Lin,
Your website looks really good! The layout is simple, easy to navigate, and the overall design carries through to all the pages! I would add the navigation to every page so instead of hitting back you can click on another page from that page. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Lindsey,
This came out really nice. I love your homepage's hourglass image and the font you chose for the name and how it's styled fits perfectly with the theme. I love your inner pages with the art-deco-esque lines around the title and images on the page. The background gradient is also really nice and subtle and matches the coloring of the homepage image. While I do like your small grid of imagery on your contact us page, I would like to see if you could make them even bigger or something because the way it is being viewed on my screen is that there is all this extra space in between the contact info and the images.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Lindsey!
This turned out so great! I'm really loving the color palette, font choices, and design elements. The only thing I noticed that I would have loved to see is the navigation bar throughout the design or at least a logo to take you back to the home page. Other than that, this turned out great!
Kassandra Fuentes

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Lindsey,

Really nice job! You did a good job making all of your elements have an older feel, from another time. I especially like your Art Deco elements on your subpages. And I think you chose appropriate fonts to complement that theme. The only thing I would add would be to make your nav bar accessible from all of your subpages.
Kiana Bohm

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Lin!

I really like how your website turned out! Its simplicity helps to convey an elegant, vintage vibe which definitely works for the website's topic. I also love the fonts you used! I think maybe the only thing I can say is it would've been cool to have the navigation on every page to jump from section to section without going back to the home page, but besides that minor thing this website is so well done, awesome design!
-Kendall Mann

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Lindsey,
This came out great! I love the home page image you chose. The font choices go great together and with the theme. I also really like the inside pages. I think the colors go very well together, and the images you chose also go well with the theme. I think some animation on the navigation buttons would be nice, and that it would be nice to see the navigation buttons on all pages. This might just be for me, but the paragraph for the inside pages is to the left of the title, instead of under. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Your website looks really nice. I like the faded look of the home page and the navigation font. All of your pages go to the correct page in the navigation as well. You added a good amount of pictures to make it interesting to look at and to know what the idea is of each page. The only thing I would say is that the pages do not all have a link to go back to the home page so I cannot go back if I want to click on a different page. I also had this issue I think. Nice job so far.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Lindsey,

Nice website, the layout and the other pages look great. You adapted the art deco style very well into the website. It is a huge improvement compared to the original website.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo