Project #1 roughts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
mel_nunez

Project #1 roughts

Post by mel_nunez »

hello! here are my two Photoshop roughs for project 1. I really express my self i love the art of graffiti. I worked both of my layouts in illustrator, then in Photoshop
One web site that inspired me to do my work is http://www.3dtechnicalgraffiti.com
The art they display there give me some ideas to come up with a expressive design. Also, the book of "the principles of beautiful web design" inspired me to make my layout.
feel free to critique my work, i will appreciate every advise.
Thank you.
rough 1
mel_nunez_rought2.jpg
rough 2
Attachments
mel_nunez_rought1.jpg
Jose nunez

jennybreitrick

Re: Project #1 roughts

Post by jennybreitrick »

Both way cool designs! These seem like they are both very expressive/personal homepages. I do personally tend to like the first one a bit better; I think it is the colors in it. These are freakin great layouts though. Good job!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Awesome layouts! I really enjoy these colors and style! I remember you were telling me that you are going to do it as "graffiti" web site and you succeed very well.
Just two little things: on first example it looks like the guys is missing his leg, on second it it little bit hard to see TMCC logo.
The rest is cool!
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Mel, you did a really great job in both of them, you use your creativity wisely. I like better the firs one although I have a suggestion in the guy. why you do not put some graffiti on the wall simulating that he is doing the design, i think that could be very cool... anyways...good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

WOW!!! awesome work Jose :D My favorite layout is the first one. Really like the color choose and the site is well organized and the navigation is easy. I think that the typeface used in the second layout would work better in the first layout its easier to read. Once again great work!! :D
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Mel,

Great job on your roughs. I prefer the first one as well, I think the colors are better for the visual flow of the page. You did an awesome job on both, though! Good work. I agree, too, about the figure in the first one. Nice work! :D
Donna Harn

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Mel - This is tough, because I like them both. I think the first design adds structure in such a cool way with that big, abstract shape, and that's what's keeping it grounded amongst all the paint splatters.

Your typeface choices for the "GRC 175 Spring 2012" is kind of bland though. I'd try to find something a bit more expressive - not over the top - but just enough so that it ties in with everything you have going.

The box that holds the TMCC name is pretty dark. I'd consider reversing that type to a lighter color to make it stand out just a tad more.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

hihi

cool design i like the feel of both layouts though i cant read the wording you have in the graffiti esk text if its just for looks its fine but if you need people to read it you might wanna change it a little however i think it looks great just hard to read quickly but that's up to you as the designer. other then that they both look awesome with their graphical effects good work.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Jose, these are both really good looking designs tough to choose one. I think I like the second one a little more because the water effect gives it more dimension, although the beveling in the first one is a really nice touch too. nice work. congratulations on being the first in your family to go to college
Mark Pederson

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Jose,

I like the the colors of the both layouts. The background image on the bottom rough overpowers the text so I would agree that the gray containers create better contrast with the type. It is coming along well.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams