Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Martin5Ar

Project 1

Post by Martin5Ar »

Hello, my name is Martin Aranda. These two roughs that I'm showing right here represents a small part of me. As you can see, I like landscape pictures and nature itself, the representation of life and death through natural environments and the meaning behind it. On the other hand, I enjoy listening to music and watching cartoons, specially anime. My favorite music genre is alternative rock. As everybody else, I like movies, and one of my inspirational artist and film director is Tim Burton. The bizarre and dark touch that gives to his films grabs my full attention.

These are my two websites that gave me some inspiration. Although they are pretty complex in their technical design, they gave me the first Idea that I needed to create my webdesign roughs.
http://www.studiogdesign.com
http://www.timburton.com
Attachments
prj1_layout02.jpg
prj1_layout01.jpg
Martin Aranda

Alexey M

Re: Project 1

Post by Alexey M »

Even we cant do that on the critiques, I really just want to say "Both designs are coooooooooool!!!"
And have no anything to add =)
Alexey Makovskiy

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

i agree with Alexey both of your designs are really cool martin!!
Jose nunez

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow! These are both fantastic roughs! The color and layout of these are both so different and amazing! Great job! If I had to pick one I would have to go with the bottom one…just because it seems like it hold more mystery in it….
jen
jenny breitrick

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Martin, both of these designs are extremely striking and good looking. it shows your range as a designer to have such different looks on these. that painting/photo scene of the desert is really cool
Mark Pederson

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Very nice Martin,

I like both layouts, but they are showing two different side of you. Site 1 is the "Anime Forever" side while Site 2 is the "mystical photoshopper" side.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if one is better than the other. I really like them both, graphically and color-wise.

Jeremy Winkler
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

Siri

Post by Siri »

I have to say I really like both ideas you have going on here, Martin. I like the way the colors and layout are coming together in the first one, though I would recommend placing your links closer together because they're spaced pretty far apart right now. As for the second one, the font of your name doesn't seem to match up with the rest of the layout, and I'd say you could try to lower the banner and project buttons since they're pretty high up there right now. Otherwise, this is a really great start!
Cristina Sánchez
| cristina_sanchez@mail.tmcc.edu
| Having the time of your life.

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Hi Martin, I am really enjoying your first one. It has a really good flow and feel for it. The rays in the image directs back to the left where the buttons are. The type matches really well with your whole design too. I would shrink the TMCC logo just a little bit, the top of the mountain is bleeding into the box above and is noticeable.
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

wow, great graphics on both. I think they both look amazing! you did awesome work. your love of anime very clearly shows in your work. awesome job!
Donna Harn

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Martin - The imagery you have going in the second "Dali-esque" design is so compelling that I'd have to say it's my favorite. I think my only criticism is that you tend to have your text and navigation equally spaced all over the page. It doesn't have any unity or structure, and it needs something at this point. I'd try to bring together the nav links into one area, and put your text in another. Let the openess of the background take the focus, and then direct the eye to your content second.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com