Project 1 -

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
vhg0717

Project 1 -

Post by vhg0717 »

Here are the two layout designs:

Layout 1: Color Scheme will be children's colors (blue, yellow, green, white, red)
Layout 1
Layout 1
Layout 2: Color Scheme will be Black, Yellow, and White
Layout 2
Layout 2
The two websites that inspire me the most are: http://scottkelby.com and http://www.adobe.com
Victor Garcia

rmosley

Re: Project 1 -

Post by rmosley »

The second one is amazing! I really enjoy the style. It definitely has a reno/photography feel. The first one is really good too, but I think you would need to ask yourself who is your demographic? If its for photography in general, then the second one, and you can always add a separate link that shows the "Children Portraits" home page. They both look really good though!
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Both designs are very nice to me. Favorite is second. Like the composition and yellow together with black and white. Also good job on colors in the first one! But I hink you should go with second design =)
Alexey Makovskiy

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow! Both roughs are so different and amazing in their own ways! In your first rough the images and page layout are very pleasant and approached correctly, if you were looking for a child photographer. (cute kids, by the way). Then you have your second rough and the use of high color contrast is brilliant!...I guess you should choose on what is it that you are trying to say and who is your audience…Great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

both designs look good but i think the 2nd one says you more since its your website then the first. however ime always going to like designs with black and dark colors more so take it with a grain of salt.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

the first one caught my eye right away and I think it would be extremely effective for a child photography business. the second one is very pro looking too, I like the thin lines used for framing
Mark Pederson

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

This is tough Victor, because it really depends on how you want to market yourself. If you decide to go with the children's theme, I suggest making your best photograph the focus of the design. Right now you have too many elements that are roughly the same size, and they're all competing to be the focus. I think your Reno design is so strong because it focuses on one amazing image.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

Landsknecht

Post by Landsknecht »

Very nice,Victor!

I like your second page, the artwork really works well together. The yellow works very well with your design.
Jeremy Winkler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes found on the internet are not always accurate - Abraham Lincoln

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

I actually like both. The first one definitely has a target market and it does a great job of making that clear. The second is definitely edgier and would appeal more towards freelance photography. On the bottom layout I think having the pictures slightly overlap could give the page a bit of dynamics and create unity.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Victor,

Wow amazing roughs! I'm really liking the second layout, where everything well organized and easy to find. The site really expresses who you are and what you stand for. The color choice is great yellow and black. :D
Maria Nunez