Jenny breitrick Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
jennybreitrick

Jenny breitrick Project 1 Final

Post by jennybreitrick »

I feel pretty good about this project. The way that we are going about designing an image in Photoshop then bringing it into Dreamweaver is amazing. The way I originally learned Dreamweaver, was to find images to import to dimensional boxes that I made in Dreamweaver. My website ended up pretty…neat. But it was all by accident. Creating my template in Photoshop is such a better way to go. I feel like I have complete control in what I am creating.
I am overall so excited about taking this course. Michael is such a hilarious Professor and he makes learning fun and funny. I do believe that I am going to have this HTML stuff under control.
Attachments
web175_1_finished.jpg
Last edited by jennybreitrick on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenny breitrick

re8ecca

Re: Jenny breitrick Project 1 Final

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Jenny - I think your illustrations are working well, and normally I would say no way to alternating the sentences from red to black, but then I realized that it's mimicking the stripes on the figure's stockings, so I guess it works after all!

The drop shadows on the film strip are pretty fuzzy, and I think it'd look better if they had sharper definition. Also, I'd consider changing your red type to match the pink on the figure. It would unite it all in a much stronger way.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

rmosley

Post by rmosley »

Jenny! Love it! Good job on type and use of colors. Very creative and layed out well!
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Jenny,

I love the red, gray, and black color scheme. I have two suggestions. I would change the body copy to a different font that is easier to read and I would also give your wonderful illustrations a bit of room from your boxes. Your drawings are the focal point of the page for me and the boxes and body copy are competing too much with them.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

The color scheme is great but the type is a bit hard to read with it changing colors but i think thats ok as long as it was done for a purpose
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Jenny.

Great revisions on this one. I like that you picked the strongest sketch and how you placed it behind the female; it all blends very well without taking away from the copy on the left. I also like that you softened the red to a pink that matches the female. The text is a little bit hard to read where it overlaps the female, and I'm really curious to see copy in your containers and how that will affect the whole feel of the layout. The "Inspired" copy might be too close to the text you have in your graphic, I think.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Jenny! Well I think I enjoy your theme very much and your artwork and colors all compliment each other very well. My only suggestion is to somehow mess around with the contrast issues your bio paragraph text might be having with the background imagery, right now some of the words aren't showing up that well on the darker parts of your drawing.
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Nice Work Jenny! I like your design very much. Especially the background. Did you draw it yourself? I wonder what meaning hides behind it?
Martin Aranda

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Jenny,
WOW nice layout!!! I'm really enjoying it.
Maria Nunez

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

This whole page screams you. I have no trouble figuring out what you do or who you are. gj
Dustin Hill