Project 2 Preliminary Critique (Rebecca Baumann)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
re8ecca

Project 2 Preliminary Critique (Rebecca Baumann)

Post by re8ecca »

The website I'm redesigning is for a coffee roasting company based in Canada. Here is what their home page looks like now (http://potofgoldcoffee.com):
pot_of_gold_home_page.png
I want to keep their folksy charm intact, but I also want to update it so that it looks like a professional company that new customers can trust.

My first design uses an analogous color scheme of green, yellow, and orange. I decided to highlight some of the articles they've written about coffee and place them on the homepage using expressive little "signs" that are easy to read and fun to click.
yellow_green_orange_rough.jpg
yellow_green_orange_rough_interior_page.jpg
My second design pairs browns, blues, and creams. Unfortunately this company doesn't have any professional photos(!), but I wanted more of a magazine cover look, so I created the word Coffee in beans, and photographed a cup and saucer.
blue_cup_rough.jpg
blue_cup_rough_interior_page.jpg
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

rmosley

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Critique (Rebecca Baumann)

Post by rmosley »

Hey Rebecca! I am really favoring the first design more. The pea soup green is so ugly, it works, I think the bright ugly neon green makes it pop.. its weird but I like it. Your use of type works well too.
Rachel Mosley
"Living one beat at a time..."

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

Personally both designs could work but i think the 2nd one says cofee more due to the colors
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Wow Rachel! You really a an eye for creating FANTASTIC web design! I am in love with both layouts, if you decide to go with the first one I would play with the green color a tiny bit, maybe a little more brownish color. Besides that great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

OMG, both designs are so great! Looks very professional. I enjoy each element on both layouts. Nothing to add at all.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hi Rebecca,
I really like the second layout because the concept of the coffee headline, it looks at the same time a homemade and professional webpage also i like the color scheme that you choose. good job
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Rebecca,

I really like the design elements from the first layout. I love the graphic links on the left hand side. They are excellent focal points and they would be the first things I would click. The color scheme works well and even if it doesn't scream coffee, it has great contrast and gives off a pleasant Mom and Pop cafe style. Very well done.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Rebecca!

I love BOTH of your layouts. Different elements on each make them stand out individually. I love the fun boxes you've designed in your first one and I absolutely love the colors in the second design. Both are very appealing. Your graphics with the coffee beans are fun, too. Either one you choose will be amazing! Well done. :)
Donna Harn

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Rebecca!

Great job! I guess I like the first one more although they all look GREAT! You've fine a great job of organizing a lot of content without it being too busy! Sorry I couldn't add more to help because they're already awesome, just keep up the great work!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Rebecca,

Excellent Job!! I like both of your designs, but I'm leading more toward your second layout its interesting look at and I just like the way you spelled COFFEE with bean. Its also clean and organized.
Maria Nunez