Project 2 Preliminary Work

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
freem110

Project 2 Preliminary Work

Post by freem110 »

Here are my designs, the owner of the company wanted a really clean look for his sight. I tried to keep things as simple and clear as possible.
Attachments
sma_layout_3_about_us copy.jpg
sma_layout_3_home copy.jpg
sma_layout_1_services copy.jpg
sma_layout_1_home copy.jpg
Brian Freeman

re8ecca

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Work

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Brian - I wish I could see the original (I'm just curious as to how it looks now), but I like what you've done so far. I think the blue color makes total sense, and you've chosen some really nice shades.

I like how you've used the photos in your first layout, but I feel like the home page needs something else. Maybe, a circle gradient blurring the edges of the photo? I feel like this photo is a prime candiate for some photoshop doctoring to help create that sense of peaceful slumber. Right now the lighting isn't doing anything to help the mood.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

they look good but if its for a medical bed you may want to get someone older to be sleeping if the target audience is mainly older.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

I am in love with you first layout design the best! The imagery is very strong! One tiny thing that I would play with is…the image of you…if you know how…is to fade the edges out to the ends of the page, you know kind of like it is fading into a restful sleep…I’m not sure how to do it but I’m sure that there are tons of tutorials of how to make it out of focus in sections of an image. Actually…you did it in your home page!! Yea, I think you should carry that into your next navigation page with the image of you. Great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

You achieved the client needs. It really looks very clean. I like blue color that you chose. It keep design calm.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hi Brian,
I like better the second set of layouts, I think they are little more attractive to the target audience also i like the blue and white, those colors haave a sense for the meaning of the page. Good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Brian,

The first layout is simple and effective. I think the use of the image of you sleeping is very effective and your navigation menu really stands out with the gradients and drop shadows. I agree with Rebecca that the home page needs some sort of call to action or next step for the user. Good job.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Brian!

Well I think I like the first set of layouts better- They seem to be more dynamic because you've taken the scale of the images much larger than in the other layouts- which I think is eye catching! Overall your websites look professional and clean, and I think thats what you were going for- so great job!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Brain,
I'm really liking the second layout its clean, organized and easy to navigate through. The color choice is great I like it all. I also agree with C.J. about using a picture of one older. You have achieved what the client wanted Awesome Job! :)
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

The colors are nice, perfect for the site. The images are clean and nice as well. I would only suggest maybe having the sleeping image match the other image a bit more as far as the edges go. Otherwise, it's clean and easy to look at and to find your way around. I like it. :)
Donna Harn