Aharon Williams Project 2 Final**Updated**

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Heyyou

Aharon Williams Project 2 Final**Updated**

Post by Heyyou »

Here is my final for project 2. I really tried to improve upon the original site http://www.valleyisleaquatics.com. I will probably continue to work on it and improve it over the weekend so I keep you guys notified I make any changes.

**Update**4/22 - HOME PAGE: I added a "sign up here" graphic link to a form page for a free lesson and added the Facebook and Twitter graphic links. CALENDAR PAGE: I have added a jquery calendar to the calendar page. GLOBAL CHANGE TO INSIDE PAGES: I added the turtle logo to the background of the content area.

Original site:http://www.valleyisleaquatics.com/

My site:
http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_20 ... n_williams
Last edited by Heyyou on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

re8ecca

Re: Aharon Williams Project 2 Final

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Aharon - Both sites came out really well. My favorite is the redesign you created for Valley Aquatics. It has such nice flow, and everything fits together like it belongs. I think you could bump up the body copy font size one or two clicks, but otherwise it's super nice.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

I'mNicole

Re: Aharon Williams Project 2 Final

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Aharon.

Both of your sites came out really well, so good job transferring your designs to HTML. Your gray-to-color rollovers on your homepage are excellent, but you have some excessive space at the bottom on your homepage's index. Also, the font and size of your links, particularly on your "projects" and "contact me" pages, seem way too big for me. Your second project did an amazing job of improving the original site; I really like the calm blue scheme you've got going, which fits so well too, seeing as it's about water. I would like to see the body background actually stretch to both sides of the page though, instead of having that small area of background color. And the social media icons at the bottom seem so huge compared to everything else.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

donnalouwho

Re: Aharon Williams Project 2 Final**Updated**

Post by donnalouwho »

hey aharon, nicely done! everything about both your designs look great! i think you should definitely sell your re-design to the company. definitely. :)
Donna Harn

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Very nice job on both websites! Design works very well and I dont have anything to add here.
Alexey Makovskiy

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Aharon-

Great job on your website- the first one would really give me a headache with all those neon colors, but you've really made it much more eye-appealing with the new color palette. I dig the calendar too, nice touch- I wish I'd thought of that!!!

Nikki
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Both projects are way off the hook! You like totally rock at this whole web thing…thanks again for helpin me out with website tips and tricks. Welcome to the thunder dome is right.
jen
jenny breitrick

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

Their both awesome but i still miss their turtle drawing it was just so funny lol.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Aharon,
Your Valley Aquatics website look very professional. I really enjoy the layout. Your portal site looks good too. :)
Maria Nunez

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I like how the only splash of color is the rollovers, very nice work.
Raymond Dylan Bivens