My very rough sketches...

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa_Armstrong

My very rough sketches...

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

Thanks so much for all your comments and suggestions tonight. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am looking forward to it. I also really enjoyed seeing all of your sites, they were all awesome!!!

Here again is the first one. I will for sure change the red to white.

Rough_Sketch_2.png

Here is the second...same thing, red text to white. I like the buttons at top. Not sure if the lightning coming from the laptops is too much.
Rough_Sketch_1_Bolts.png
I will update my site and post it again with any changes made.

Again, my skills with design are minimal. I appreciate any and all advice. :D

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

brienicole

Re: My very rough sketches...

Post by brienicole »

I had a very long reply, then DAVID had to go and unplug the cord and disconnect me.. pshhh..
so trying agian:

IMO I like the black with the blue stars and the computers add a bit of design to it as well. One rule of thumb would be to stick with a light color text if you're on a black background. I would keep the star background and make your name white so it pops. ( go black white blue for the buttons too) same with body copy and the bottom banner, maybe also black and white.. then the pop of blues in your stars and computer and ligtning etc..

hope that helps some.

also I would play with the size of the page. If that were on my computer and I had to scroll left to right, I would go bonkers! so try making it either longer or shorter etc...
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

Vi_Vi

Re: My very rough sketches...

Post by Vi_Vi »

I found these websites about how legible is a certain text color and different color of background quite helpful. It may help you on the legibilty of your webpage :)

http://www.hgrebdes.com/colour/spectrum ... ility.html
http://www.sapdesignguild.org/resources ... or_bk.html
Vy Tat...