Kaylyn's reuploaded project three

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
dazey_duck

Kaylyn Dazey's Project Three Roughs

Post by dazey_duck »

Here are my sites, I really wanted them to stand out as this is a site for a creative program. After looking at sited for other art schools I realized they really push the boundaries in terms of color and lay out.
While I do have very bright colors I would like to go back to the drawing board and do more interesting layout thumbs nails. If you can provide any feed back or resources on how to create readable but interesting text layout, it would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I was trying to achieve is getting away from symmetrical balance and seeing if it would work in my favor I primarily attempted to create that vide by complimenting large white space with or a large space of color with low opacity contrasting with bold bright blocks. If I went over the top with this...let me know. I think I've been spending too much time in my sketch book drawing who knows what.
Attachments
project_three_rough_one_home.png
project_three_rough_one_inner.png
project_three_rough_two_home.png
project_three_rough_two_inner.png
Kaylyn Dazey
GRC Student at TMCC

lornrocks

Re: Kaylyn Dazey's Project Three Roughs

Post by lornrocks »

First off, I love all four of your roughs. I love how pink and bright they are! Definitely a 180 from the current layout. I do wonder if they're too...specific? Like, your illustrations are really cute, but idk what they have to do with GRC per se. Maybe if you did an illustration more reminiscent of the program? With art or something. Just a suggestion.

While I love the colors and layout of the two bottom designs, I have to say they could possibly hard to read for people who have accessibility issues. The top two designs have good value contrast and the navigation is easy to read as well. Good colors! My only suggestion with the text layout for those ones are that you could probably add columns or something to break up the blocks of text.

Really good job!
Lauren Solinger

dazey_duck

Kaylyn's reuploaded project three

Post by dazey_duck »

Here are my sites, I really wanted them to stand out as this is a site for a creative program. After looking at sited for other art schools I realized they really push the boundaries in terms of color and lay out.
While I do have very bright colors I would like to go back to the drawing board and do more interesting layout thumbs nails. If you can provide any feed back or resources on how to create readable but interesting text layout, it would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I was trying to achieve is getting away from symmetrical balance and seeing if it would work in my favor I primarily attempted to create that vide by complimenting large white space with or a large space of color with low opacity contrasting with bold bright blocks. If I went over the top with this...let me know. I think I've been spending too much time in my sketch book drawing who knows what.
Attachments
project_three_rough_one_home.png
project_three_rough_one_inner.png
project_three_rough_two_home.png
project_three_rough_two_inner.png
Kaylyn Dazey
GRC Student at TMCC

lornrocks

Re: Kaylyn's reuploaded project three

Post by lornrocks »

First off, I love all four of your roughs. I love how pink and bright they are! Definitely a 180 from the current layout. I do wonder if they're too...specific? Like, your illustrations are really cute, but idk what they have to do with GRC per se. Maybe if you did an illustration more reminiscent of the program? With art or something. Just a suggestion.

While I love the colors and layout of the two bottom designs, I have to say they could possibly hard to read for people who have accessibility issues. The top two designs have good value contrast and the navigation is easy to read as well. Good colors! My only suggestion with the text layout for those ones are that you could probably add columns or something to break up the blocks of text.

Really good job!
Lauren Solinger

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

I love how fun and exciting both of these designs are however I agree that they do seem a little specific and stray away from the GRC programs target audience a bit which includes a variety of design methods and styles not that I don't love them because I do I'd just keep that in mind as you design this. As it stands I lean towards the first design and I look forward to what you come up with!
Joseph Morales

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

It took me a sec to realize what the image in the 2nd layout was. I get it now. I prefer the 1st layout but you should move the tmcc logo into the corner like it is on your 2nd layout.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

I'm really liking your Rough One version ... nice clean, legible, and fun presentation of the content that would appeal to men as well as women. Good luck with your build-out!
— David Branby

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

Both of your designs are interesting. I think I like the layout of rough 2 better, especially the placement of the 'TMCC GRC' circle. What doesn't appeal to me is the over abundance of pink and the scooter girl. The links and your title are really hard to read. I do like the image you have on the homepage of rough 1. A suggestion would be to use a white background in the body area of rough 2 and replace the scooter girl with the image from rough 1. But I wouldn't mess with the rest of that layout, it has really good contrast and placement.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

ravens.way

Re: Kaylyn Dazey's Project Three Roughs

Post by ravens.way »

When I click on your pictures they will not load.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I love the colors of both your designs. I am leaning toward the one with the white background though because it is easier to read. I like the border you used on the one with the pink background. You used spacing well in both designs,
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey