project3 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
rmiyashiro

project3 prelim

Post by rmiyashiro »

Hello Everyone,
I kept both layouts fairly simple. For this layout I'm planning on having images in each box instead of those colors. I couldn't find any pictures I liked online so I'll have to take my own.
rough01.jpg
rough01_page2.jpg
For my 2nd set, I was planning on having a set of images slide behind the logo on the main page. The layout is very similar to the current site which is probably why it felt so comfortable and familiar while I was assembling it. I'm debating whether to keep an image as the background for the 2nd page.
rough02.jpg
rough02_page2.jpg
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Re: project3 prelim

Post by lornrocks »

I really like the homepage you have with the logo really large in the middle and the photograph in the background. Very bold, very daring. Definitely stands out from what we have currently as the GRC site. I think it would make a really good splash page.

I also like the power symbol you have on the layout below that one. I think you should try and be more modern or creative with your font choices, however, and try and have fun with colors.

The gallery idea is cool, I would have to see it with images in it though. Have fun taking those, haha.

Good job.
Lauren Solinger

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

design uno
rough01.jpg
rough01_page2.jpg
design dos
rough02.jpg
rough02_page2.jpg
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

raoki

Post by raoki »

What a creative logo on your second set of design! It stands very well and represents this major in a smart way.

I know you'll render something more creative for your inner pages later ;)

I was about to mention the navigation is a little bit too close to the main image, but when I enlarge it looks kinda okay. Maybe it's because of some lower letters(gs and ys).
So if you move them, don't forget the tmcc logo along the following.
Remi Aoki :D

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I really like the GRC logo on your second rough (you seem to have a knack for logos), but the rest of rough 2 is just kind of blah. Rough 1 is much more appealing. Even tho you don't like the green, the concept is much more eye-catching. Wonder if there is a way to incorporate that great logo into the first rough. If you want the boxes to stand out without the blazing green, you might consider toning down the transparency or just use a bright color for a border.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Hi I tried to look at your pages but it says they are not available.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your logo in the second design is modern and unique and made me instantly find that concept more interesting. You always have great use of shapes and space in your designs and I think you have a unique way of solving the problem. The only thing I would say is maybe add some imagery on the second page with that concept. It is a little plain right now. Also maybe flip the logo to match the home page:)
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Your second design is much stronger here. Go with that one.

I like your use of photography and contrast on the second one. Using background photos can create a strong sense of what the program is about without you having to spend a billion words doing it. That program logo is so strong. I love the look and feel of it. I can cut myself on it's edges. Awesome! Your navigation is well paced and easy to follow. Your type seems clean even if the inner page is pretty clearly just a couple of pages from the course catalog. I like the use of the logo as an icon on the inner pages. Very strong.

I think it could use some color though. Maybe use TMCC's bile green as a rollover color on your navigation and perhaps as the color of your inner page icon logo. Keep using photographic backgrounds like your home page on the inner pages. Maybe use images to reinforce what each page is saying. Grab some of the clean vector TMCC logos I have for download on the class website. The fuzzy TMCC logo no look so good.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I like the second design and think you did a great job with the graphic. It's interesting enough to make you want to figure it out and I like stuff like that. Your information is easy to read, though you might want to play around with the typography a little.
Cindy Salyer

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Ryan.

I like your second design more. I would make your page with the classes layout more detailed. It looks a bit plain. I would add a subtle texture to the background.

Aria
Aria Earnest