Ashleigh Porterfield's Project One Preliminary Comps

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Ashleigh Porterfield's Project One Preliminary Comps

Post by Instructor »

Ashleigh emailed me earlier today saying that she would be out sick. Her designs were buried in another thread so I thought I would unearth them so everyone could give feedback. Please take a look at these designs and tell her what you think:

"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smith206

Re: Ashleigh Porterfield's Project One Preliminary Comps

Post by smith206 »

First one is clean but the tree just seems to be sitting there. If you wanted to go with that one I would try to incorporate everything together maybe have your links coming off the tree branches or something. Personally I enjoy the second one, I like how you played with opacity to let the circles come though. I'm bias though, bokeh <3
Kyle Smith

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

Oh and there is one more that didn't get pulled in :P Here is my favorite of the three I liked.

Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Third one is cool as well, they only thing is where is your content going to go if you navigation is in the middle of the page. Would the page be longer(scroll down type of thing)? Could also be cool if you took the opacity usage from your second one and used it on the third to put your content in so the buildings would show through or something.
Kyle Smith

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

Ive already said.. but I like the 3rd one best.. and we talked on the other thread.. but giving you a friendly sisterly bump!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like them all! But I think the third one is the best, I like the colors you've used, the background texture, the simplicity in the navigation and the contrast-y image. I like your typeface and dangling buttons in the first, really accentuates the spooky tree imagery. And the color scheme in your second one is definitely fun and bubbly.
Kristine Toward