Project 02 :]

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
antstronomy

Project 02 :]

Post by antstronomy »

Hello every one, here is a link to my project.
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... -martinez/

I was happy to get something out and am actually proud of my design, I think it reflects my aesthetic, and I'm excited for everyone to see it. (if its working)

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 02 :]

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Anthony! I love your ascetic! This landing page is looking so good! I really like how all your colors play off of your main image. I was thinking maybe you could take that theme even further and add a soft yellow color as a rollover feature onto your project buttons. (maybe just on the font color, not a box or anything like that). Right now I can see that they're links, but it might be cool to try and highlight them even more when you move your mouse over them. Ooh, and one minor thing...double check your typeface choice for your main "About Me" paragraph...that particular font may not have an apostrophe option, so it added funky characters instead. A quick fix would be just to say "I am" instead of "I'm" to get around the font not having those characters. :). Really great job!
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This came out pretty darn nice, Anthony. A website to be proud of.

It looks like you've done a good job of achieving your design from Project One into browser form. Your custom font is displaying nicely. Works well as a title and to differentiate the navigation. Still pretty darn legible too. Your sans-serif plays nicely with it and makes for good bodycopy and a good footer. The margins on this thing are choice. Everything has a nice amount of room to breathe. I like the interplay of colors as well on this thing. Good contrast without being stark. Your circles and blobs still provide visual interest here, too. And you have an interesting picture as the centerpiece.

The buttons in both your navigations seem to run together into one giant button. Makes it look like the website has two buttons in two different places.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Anthony,

I love your website and how it came together! you have a nice flow of information across the page and your colors are working well together. If I had to give any critiques I would say maybe make the elements bigger across the page (your pic/graphic elements) so that you don't have so much empty space. Anyways really good job, it came out great!
~ keaton beatty

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Anthony, good work. Your website is looking good. I like the colors you are using. My advice would be to make more space in the navigation bar.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Anthony! I really like how your website came out, the colors look so good! If I had to change one thing I would spread out your nav bar a little so it isn't all squished together. Really nice job!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Anthony,
Great work on your website! It almost looks identical from your final designs! Colors and fonts are awesome and everything is still very legible! Something that I think that would help with your design is possibly spacing your navigation buttons for your projects out more. Other than that, awesome work and can't wait to see your future projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Anthony!
Your website looks pretty close to your preliminary work! I love the elements throughout the design and your name pops out. I don't think you need the underline for the navigations but other than that, nice work!
Hinata Sato

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Anthony,

Nice job! Your layout looks very cohesive and interesting. I would take the decoration off of your nav buttons if it were mine. But overall, great job!

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Anthony!
Wow, I am seriously impressed. I love your layout, and how it stands out from others in terms of layout and elements. The colors work well, and I love the font choice. My only feedback is to space out your nav menus, they feel a bit cramped currently. Awesome work :D
Isaac M!