Project 2 - final (⊙ˍ⊙)

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
kaiyote03

Project 2 - final (⊙ˍ⊙)

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey team,
I think I brute forced so many tags while making this but a functioning website is here. I got my design to look proper on Chromium based browsers and on Microsoft edge, but have no clue for any other types of browsers. This project was both tranquil and frustrating so here is me currently --->(⓿_⓿)

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2023/kai-madden/

Have a fun time taking a gander!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 2 - final (⊙ˍ⊙)

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kai!
Yay! You did it! This looks great, and all your links work. I love how the crane photo fills the background and how well your typeface choices work with the design. Maybe for next time you can try to add the fun email "mail to" function on your email address. Can't wait to see how you improve the site over the rest of the semester.
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Brute forced or not, it is working, Kai. And in web design, that's all that really matters. Must have been fun keeping track of that many <div> tags.

Everything looks pretty darn close to your preliminary work. Your background image shows nicely in the browser window and seems to be of a better quality than the one in your project one. Or my eyes may have deteriorated. Your custom fonts are showing well. A good pair. I like the way the sans-serif plays with the brush font in your logo. Your navigation is prominent and easy to see and use. One of my fave little details is the link to your Project One PDF. A nice little nod to where this thing came from. Good margin on everything too. Interesting choice to build it with a billion <div> tags called out by ID styles. Can't complain since it's working for you. There are many ways to solve problems in web designs.

I think it would have looked better if you'd carried your custom font through to your footer. As it is, the sudden black serif type is a little startling.

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Kai,

I love the way this turned out and the background scaling to make it look good with your type and links. I had a bit of a scaling issue and if I had to say one thing maybe make your type not so close to the left side its kinda hard to read up against the side of the computer. Overall though it looks great!
~ keaton beatty

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Kai,

I really like how your website turned out. The background you chose is very pleasing to look at. The only thing I may suggest is resizing your website. It's a little too big on the browser and it seems zoomed in when I open the link. Aside from that, You did an amazing job!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Kai!

It looks so good, you translated it over so well! It has a very relaxing and serene feel to it. It's a bit big in the browser window, the only thing I would suggest is to resize it so it fits better. Overall, great job!
~*Jenna*

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Kai!
Your website came out really nice! I love the background image of tsuru. It's dynamic and the colors match really well with the image and the font color. The colors of the dropdown menu match well with the theme you have as well. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Kai,

I really enjoy your website. I think the colors are nice and easy on the eyes, and the font is soft and expressive. I think someone could get a really good understanding of who you are from your site. Great work!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Kai, good work. Your layout is working nicely. I like the background image and fonts that you used. The website is not showing the GRC 175 part when opening, so I would suggest making it fit on the screen or resizing some stuff.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Kai! I really like how your website turned out!! I think your background image looks super cool and I really like how your layout looks. If I had to change something, I would move your text at the bottom up just a bit so you dont have the white popping out at the bottom. Really nice job!