P4_Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
keatonbeatty

P4_Preliminary

Post by keatonbeatty »

This is my preliminary work so far, its kinda underdone but I'm hoping you get the gist of what I'm going for. I really would like to showcase student work somehow, I think it would be a fun way to promote the program and spark some interest in those who are just scrolling through the website.
Attachments
working_versions 2.zip
(8.08 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
mobile_rough_01.jpg
website_rough_01.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
~ keaton beatty

YoAdrian!

Re: P4_Preliminary

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Keaton,
I like where you're going with this! So many color choices with the "Think Big" image, that you can't go wrong. My only suggestion is to try and simplify your navigation text? Like maybe just say "Faculty" and "Overview" instead of "Program Faculty" ect? I know I definitely need to simplify mine after seeing other people's work :). Good work so far!
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Keaton!

Great work on these! I can see both of these working out pretty well. I like the gallery page concept, I think that would be easy to do if you wanted to include a lightbox or some other script. My only feedback is to push those nav buttons down a bit on your second layout to give it some breathing room. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Isaac M!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Keaton!
I really like the image you decided to use for the home page and I see where you are going with it. My advice would be to add some elements from the homepage into the inner page because it seems a bit disconnected. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Keaton,

I think you're head toward the right direction. It really looks like you're crafting an interesting concept here. My only suggestion for now is to add elements such as navigation bar and the TMCC logo somewhere on the layout. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Keaton!
Nice work on these layouts! Adding navigations and the colors you have on the image to the content might be nice. I like how you added your work from classes too! Can't wait to see how your website will turn out!
Hinata Sato

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Keaton,

I'm enjoying the imagery you have here and the direction this is going in. I think if you work with the colors more from the image and incorporate them into the site, it can look really cool! Good luck!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looks like you only submitted one design. :( However, I like the direction your one design is going in, Keaton. :) There's not much here, but I'll do my best top give you feedback.

I really like the look of your wordsplosion here. I want to see what you'll do with a GAMT version. The colors are very eye catching and I love the motion away from a point. It balances your content area nicely. I hope you can keep that sense of color and contrast on the inner page. It has good contrast. That white really helps set your content off against the image. What layout is here looks pretty darn clean. Your sans-serif type choice seems to agree with your design as well.

The home page and the inner page don't have enough common elements to really gell together. I would recommend making them look a little more similar and adding some of your homepage elements to your inner page.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Keaton,

I think there's some potential with the word explosion. Good luck!

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Keaton,

I like the typography element, I'd love to see more graphic design professions incorporated into the websites such as screen printing, animation, or website design. Other wise, your font is a little too big, I'd make it a little smaller. Great start!
- Mars Sink