Project 1 - Ashleigh Porterfield

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ashleighP

It is ALIVE!

Post by ashleighP »

My website that is.
http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/ash ... index.html

Still need to put my site needs and style guide in there but other than that its peachy!
Let me know what you all think.

^_^

Ashleigh
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

mminten

Re: It is ALIVE!

Post by mminten »

It looks good so far. I like your spot lights. Maybe you could make the text of the menu item change to be the same color? Especially since you can hover over the area on the buildings and have the lights show up. It would help with know which menu item you where on.

I did like the idea in class to make the buildings light up for each menu item. It would be cool to see that.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I tried with making the buildings light up but it didn't look right in all the ways I tried it. The brush didn't lend itself well for being "lit up" I guess. I'll try getting the text to light up the same color as well.

Thanks for your input!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I would try making the text light up the same color as the light as stated before because when I first got to your site I couldn't tell what was a rollover link and what was just a rollover. Just a thought I think it will help a lot. Otherwise I like your design!
Kyle Smith

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

Sooo I fixed the text to where it also lights up in addition to the spotlights when you rollover it. And I put TMCC in there, because for some reason it wasn't showing up before.

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/ash ... index.html
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I like it a lot more now. For some reason my cursor doesn't turn to a hand when I hover over some of your links and other times it does. Anyone else have this happen to them with this site? Maybe its just a weird bug, but good job on the colors for the rollovers. Looks good.
Kyle Smith

smith206

Post by smith206 »

double posted for some reason
Kyle Smith

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I love your lights. My kids both live in Seattle and when I grow up I want to live there too.

I don't think we have to put our style guides and needs on the site but good for you for putting them there. I am not sure whether they can be turned in in the folder or we upload to the server.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Very nice website. I really like the lights also. Everything is very legible and balance, except for the tmcc logo and grc 175, took me a while to find it. :lol:
Vy Tat...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! It has a sort of painted urban decay quality to it. Like it's spending the last days of a soon to be ruined city partying. Very Blade Runner. Great use of hints and splashes of color to highlight different ideas and objects within. And good use of contrast to enhance the presentation of information.

My only suggestion involves the tiny type at the top left corner. It seems so crammed in. I think if you move it "down" a stripe it'll work better.

"Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe ..."
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173