Project 1 Complete

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Lundholm

Project 1 Complete

Post by Lundholm »

- Nathan Lundholm

brienicole

Re: Project 1 Complete

Post by brienicole »

I think you are having a bit of an issue with your holiday rollover. Its wigging out on my screen. But Im glad you make your background black!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Looks good I think you could have used a typeface that was a bit more legible, since you are flipping the type over for the rollover. As it is now it kinda looks broken when i hover because it is hard to read when it is upside down. but other than that it looks good.
Kyle Smith

LindsWalters

Post by LindsWalters »

It looks good, although your rollovers kind of make it difficult on what your clicking on. But other than that it functions.I like that you have the stats page, that's something you don't normally see. On a webpage.
Lindsey Walters

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

The holiday link is a new addition after turning in the project. Works for me and most people but when we are able to work on our sites again I'll check it out.

It is currently hardcoded with Halloween but will eventually have a script to decide what the next holiday is and bring up information about that holiday automatically.

The stats page I mostly made to show off my scripting skill. I'll admit to being a little boastful.
- Nathan Lundholm

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I like your design concept. The only things I might change would be to remove some of the links. (I don't think a project one AND about link are necesary since they are essentially the same thing) Another thing is the images are cropped and placed a bit awkwardly. It seems like they are floating. Other than that the design concept is great! I like the car at the bottom!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

looks good very simple. the only thing that messed with me is the roll over its a little incognito since you dont notice it until you look closely at it but at that point my eyes were out of focus lol nice lambo
my Kia beats

Dave

Post by Dave »

firstly, cool concept with flipping the text; however, i agree with kyle, the font you chose just isn't working. it's really screwing with my eyes, which i'm kind of enjoying, i just don't think that's what you wanted...
second, the background color isn't working. if it was black like the rest of it, it would tie it together and keep it from looking like it's floating in nothingness.
in addition, your values are throwing off the design's balance. if your grey boxes were white or a really light grey, it would balance out the starch white of the car (which is pretty rad by the way)
but enough critiquing, i love the stats page and i think you have an interesting concept. it works for you! C:
David Bjerre

I found sand!

Rogers_Neighborhood

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

I like how the text links flips but of course a little hard to read, you don't really need the project 1 link and not sure if you wanted your project 2 and 3 links to not be working right now or if there is a site issue. I like the concept though!
Carrie Rogers

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I think my one suggestion would be to make all the gray boxes the same and use the lighter gray, and then to make the background black.

You have some original link ideas that expand the idea of what the web site is, like the holiday link. A little off topic from the rest of your site, but it is nice seeing something different. I think you should expand more on this, so it doesn't seem out of place, including other things you are interested in.

I am sure everyone loves the car.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!