Project One - Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ryansegal

Re: Project One - Preliminary Critique

Post by ryansegal »

Wendy,

Nice idea using Kuler to assist with the color choices, it's a pretty great tool. I think I prefer the first rough to the second mainly because of the interesting color choices. The buttons however may be a little too big unless you had plans to put an image behind it. The text could probably be bumped up a bit for the buttons as well, without getting too close to the edges.

The second design is nice, but perhaps a little plain in comparison to the first. It's a little strange that the 'Links' buttons are separated from the rest of the navigation, but I do like how the whole rough seems almost like a portfolio of images. One thing to note with either design is that the block you've set aside for the images may not be the color that you've placed there unless you've got a similarly-colored image prepared. You could always colorize the image to be a black-and-white image, but with shades of purple / turquoise instead of grey.

These are looking good so far, and I look forward to their complete iterations in the final critique!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

georgia_novotny

Re: Project One - Preliminary Critique

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Wendy,
I like both of your designs... they are very simplistic and show you have a good foundation to where your going.

I like the second design more than the first one.
I like detail so that design has more detail and color so its more attractive to me personally.

Both have good readability and you can understand what your looking at within 3 seconds.
The navigation on the first one might be hard to read having the links at the bottom of the page.

Overall I think both design need more work to show expression as their really is much going on except basic shapes and bold colors.
But if thats what you want then it looks great!

Hope that helps
Georgia