Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
mlauc

Project 1 Final

Post by mlauc »

I selected my first design and I made some slight alterations based on the critiques. I tightened up the space between the image and GRC 175 information and added color rollovers for the navigation. Thanks!
Attachments
website_final_1.jpg
Matthew

paula_b

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by paula_b »

It looks great Matt! I know we're supposed to offer something that would make it better, but I really can't think of anything that needs to be changed!
PaulaBurris

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Matt,
Looks awesome! :-) I love this color scheme...that brown wood grain looks great with the black & white image. The gold/orangish (guessing) color that your type is in brings it all together with the white type, as well. My only suggestion is to maybe make your navigation a little larger, otherwise, perfection!
Danielle Record

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Matthew,

I really liked this design it feels solid and encapsulates the idea well. I think it expresses a very strong organized design. As I said before I like the idea of giving the audience a sense of placement from your image, it says I live in Reno and it feels more personal that way.
The only question I have is, did you mean to have a "recourses" button? (haha) Otherwise great job.

Sierragirlnv

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Matthew Lauc…I'm just going to go down a list of things that are just awesome as hell about your home page. 1) I love your initial logo, very creative n cool-ish. 2) The landscape photo of Reno and a black line coming out that says "I live here" is whimsical and shows your sense of humor - love it. (I don't mean to be a stickler…BUT…did you take that photo of Reno or was it provided by a photographer that gave you permission to use it? What if you become rich and famous and the owner of the photo want's his/her cut of your millions? I'm just looking out for you man.) …3) I like the text treatment of the bottom of the page, it's more than just one line of type with the info. There's nothing I would really suggest unless...... you're into maybe...... taking your logo and name and making it look like it burned into the wood and have fire flames coming out as text? I don't know, it might be a little too flashy. Just a personal preference for me - I like contrasty photos, so I would increase the black on the photo a little bit, but nothing overwhelming. …In conclusion, I wouldn't change anything! Great Job
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Well I don't even have anything to say, really. Your website's layout and design are top-notch, and look so professional it still makes me wonder why you're taking this class, haha. The only suggestion that I have is just minor, and that the footer seems to have a lot of elements to it, and feels just a little cluttered, particularly with the logo. I think you don't even need the name of the school, just stick that little mountain in the center and size it a little larger to fill the space and call it good. Great, great job :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Oh man. I really like it! The colors, the textures, the simplicity. I'm definitely struggling with something to suggest or critique. I think placing the main layout above a black backdrop was a great idea, especially how you arranged the TMCC logo and contact me. The only thing - and I mean only thing I can think of - is maybe to increase the zoom on the photo of Reno a bit? I feel like if you crop it just a smidgen more, the overall first impression will be stronger, as it is a very detailed photo with a lot to focus on. But nevertheless, so amazing!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

schakarun714

Post by schakarun714 »

This looks great! So professional looking and clean. No improvement needed.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Your design is great!
I really like the wood texture and your logo.
But I think the bottom bar is unbalance a bit.
You can move TMCC logo to left side of GRC175 logo because GRC175 is one of the classes at TMCC, so you don't need to put these info separately.

Other than that, this is great design!!!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Matthew,

I agree with the general comments that your page looks very professional. I like the combination of the wood grain header with your photographic background. I also agree that the footer looks a little unbalanced, and Kiwako's suggestion might fix that. I would definitely play with the placement of the logo. Other than that. Great Job.
Dominique Boudinot