The Final Critique has arrived — Project #1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Miasera

The Final Critique has arrived — Project #1

Post by Miasera »

Hello everyone, this is Cristina again with what is my final critique for Project One. For now. I went with the second layout as was suggested by everyone, and tried to tone down its brightness. Hopefully it doesn't blind people since I understand that my monitor tends to be brighter than the school computers. I also squeezed everything together a bit more so that it didn't have so much range.

I brought in a few tiny elements of the first rough too, since I'm still drawn to doing that one. The most prominent of these elements is bringing in my logo and having my name as the title. But for now, here is the final critique which I have the strong feeling will change as the semester goes on.

My inspirational websites are, again, these ones:
http://design-seeds.com/
http://kaalam.fr/

While the research websites were:
http://www.icanbecreative.com/
http://codecondo.com/
Attachments
prelimf_lavender_final.png
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

paula_b

Re: The Final Critique has arrived — Project #1

Post by paula_b »

Hi Christina!

Your logo looks good there. There white down the center is making 'Fall 2014' almost nonexistent. On my monitor, I see the Fa but that's it. Overall, very nice page!
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Cristina!

I am so glad you went with this concept. It's just so pleasing to the eye! I also like that you combined a bit of your other concept in with this one. Everything seems to work really well, although to follow up with what Paula is saying, I do lose a bit of the year in the "Fall 2014," and it barely becomes visible as I turn the brightness on this monitor way down. Other than that, it looks great!
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Christina,
I absolutely love your design! Your color scheme goes well with your background, I love your initials it looks elegant with your name, your font choices look great and are easy to read, and your navigation is easy to spot up in the right corner. I have two suggestions I would make your body content a little larger it is a little hard to read and I agree with our fellow classmates that the Fall is getting lost in the white. Otherwise, beautiful!
Danielle Record

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I like the way you incorporated your logo with your name. I still like the white light shining through the buttons, but maybe now its creating a small legibility issue on the bottom section of brown. Otherwise, it looks great!

wendy

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Christina,
I really like the earthy, natural color scheme — it has a very friendly appeal. There is a little readability issues with the "GRC 175" but overall, very good!
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

I can't get over how beautiful that photo is! The focus is perfect, and I can't help but feel so calm and serene while looking at the overall layout. Another feature that I find super pleasant is your choice of fonts, they compliment each other so well! And as a whole, you're choices have led to a very natural looking design, with great organic details, and nice earthy colors. Great job! My only suggestion is playing with the buttons a bit more, maybe size them down slightly to show off more of that gorgeous image! But in all seriousness, you could change nothing about this and it would still be amazing.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Cristina Sánchez…I love your home page. It's designed so professional and clean. The colors work so well. It's like every element was put in place perfectly. Playing with your initial caps is clever, I almost get a chinese writing feel. I like the font choices of hand writing for links, it gives it a personal touch. And the photos blend so well with each other. Your page is inspirational. I really don't see any chances to be made. And I really tried to find ONE thing to change.
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Christina,

I like that you chose this layout for your project one final. I am still having a little trouble with the bleed from Fall 2014 and I see a little crowding with your logo. I would leave your name and lose the initials I don't think they go well with the rest of your design. I do still like the layout and flow of your design, and after reading your "about me" you are definitely busy...wow.

Sierragilrnv

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Your layout and color choices are great. I really like it.
Also, I like how you blend the photo and background of body copy.
Good job!

Kiwako