my final for Project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ElizabethBrass

my final for Project one

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hi guys, so I completely changed my website, but I feel like this represents me much more than the other two that I presented in preliminary critique. The Photo in the background is a photo of me that I took with a 35mm camera with black and white film. I had a really fun time with this project.

the two websites I found inspirational were:

http://www.razvangarofeanu.com/#the-g

http://www.dunckelfeld.de/en/projekte/zemo/

The two sites I found useful about web design were:

http://www.awwwards.com/95-inspiring-we ... ncies.html

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01 ... eb-design/
Attachments
website_final.png
Last edited by ElizabethBrass on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth_Brass

paula_b

Re: my final for Project one

Post by paula_b »

Hi Elizabeth!!

Very nice! I liked your roughs as well, but this is you too. The only change that I can see needs to be made, is the typo on the word, 'because'. Great work!
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Elizabeth-

Holy crap I actually almost got blinded by how awesome this looks. Seriously. Your fabulosity (yes that's a word) shines through with this cooler-than-cool layout. Seriously. Look at you, all fly and stuff. Back to technicalities, I like how simple your layout is, I can see where everything is and navigate to it just as easily. I just love the use of black/white/greyscale and the pop of pink. Just. Awesome.
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Elizabeth,
I love your design! Your background image does make it unique, personal, and visually appealing. What I really like about your layout is the simplicity but yet bright and eye catching. One suggestion that I would make is to up your font size on your name and title, navigation and about me paragraph. I think it might tightened it up some more to where the about me paragraph kind takes up most of the lens. Great job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Elizabeth,
This new design is fantastic and very creative. This site makes me want to know more about you and your work. A couple critiques: Capitalize "artist" to make it consistent with "graphic designer" and correct the spelling of "because." Overall very nice!
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Awesome design! I love the grainy photo as the background. Honestly, it reminds me of something that could be on the cover of a book, or movie poster, or record sleeve. It definitely has a sort of intense vibe, but the pink glasses help keep it lighthearted. Confining the main text to the lens was clever, and overall, everything is very legible, despite being on a gritty image. Great job! My only suggestion would be to remove the little line breaks around your name, I feel like they aren't really contributing anything to the design, and it would be just as strong without them.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Elizabeth Brass…I like your home page a lot. The black & white photo with color for the sunglasses brings a personal touch to your site. Your links are clear and to the point. And I like the contrast of heavy and light with your name. Putting your paragraph on the lens of the sunglasses was a cleaver and dynamic touch. Only thing missing is your contact link or maybe your email link.
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Elizabeth,
I love what you did for your final project you took it to a very personal level and brought out a lot of your personality in it! However I would check your design over for spelling. I like your "about me" and as for me personally I don't like all lower case letters for buttons but that is unique to your design. We should mtn bike sometime! :)

Sierragirlnv

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I LOVE IT!
The image is very pretty, and I like your name design. That's so cool!

I think you can increase the leading on the body copy a little bit.

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Elizabeth,

This is really cool. I like the pop of pink with the intentionally grainy black and white. A macro shot for a personal web page, kind of genius. I think the comment about capitalizing artist is a good critique. I don't have any other critiques. Sweet design, nice work.
Dominique Boudinot