Final Project One. Homepage

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
wendy_boddy

Final Project One. Homepage

Post by wendy_boddy »

I chose design two and added images. The feed back I received led more towards design two and I realized a lot of the feed back was in favor of the colors, but i still had to add images. I decided to find images that I took that were close the colors I chose for each box. I hope you enjoy my design and get to know me a little through this homepage. I look forward to more feed back and am really enjoying this class so far. =) -w.

p.s. i added other jpgs to show that when you roll over the images they are buttons for resources, project two and three. yay

01Wboddy_GRC175_ProjectOne.jpg
02Wboddy_GRC175_ProjectOne_ResourcesOver.jpg
03Wboddy_GRC175_ProjectOne_Project2Button.jpg
04Wboddy_GRC175_ProjectOne_Project3button.jpg

paula_b

Re: Final Project One. Homepage

Post by paula_b »

Hi Wendy!

Very nice layout! The color scheme is perfect. If I were surfing the web and looked at your page as a client, I don't think I would realize that the images were buttons. (granted, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed) I think it's a great idea and also believe that they need to be identified somehow. Otherwise, it's a really nice layout!
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Wendy-

Wow, I don't even know what to say. I don't have much to criticize, and in fact, I'm having trouble finding anything to criticize at all! The use of colors is so cool, it reminds me of summer vacation and this is the website of a seasoned vagabond. I like your choice of type, the layout is clean, everything just seems to work super well together. Perhaps my only gripe might be the full capitalization of your name, as it just lessens the legibility a smidge. I might consider just regular sentence capitalization for that, since changing to a different typeface isn't really an option as it's the only one you've used. But again, great work!
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Wendy,
Wow! What a beautiful and flawless layout. Your color scheme is perfect, your images are gorgeous, the whole page is well balanced, easy to navigate with the interactive rollovers for your links, etc. I can go on and on. I like that you added a quote, as well nice touch! The only suggestion that I have is to make your name bigger without all caps...otherwise great job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Wendy,

Beautiful design and color choices. It feels very modern and stylish. I like the addition of the quote and what it says about you and your determination. Nice job!
Matthew

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

hi Wendy,

This is a beautiful Design. I love the colors you used and the monochromatic photos for the buttons are great! i have never backpacked the lost coast trail, but now it is on my to do list. The only thing I can make a suggestion on is to make your name bigger and bolder, So that it stands out more. I want to be able to see who this awesome website belongs to. But other than that, nice work!
Elizabeth_Brass

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

These are so great! What you did with the images as buttons is awesome, and I absolutely love your color choices, they compliment the main photo so well. Additionally, the quote, in junction with your 'about me' description, give the whole design the impression that it was written by an avid adventurer. I don't think it gets much cooler then that! I'm definitely having trouble trying to improve upon your design, I can't seem to come up with any good feedback. I just have to agree with Paula about identifying the images as buttons, this might cause issues with navigation. But great job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Wendy…I like the photos and use of color choices, they seem to work really well together. Gives your home page a sense of calmness and professionalism. I do however get a little lost with your buttons and where to go, where to click. Maybe it will be more clear once it's actually built? But overall nice design work
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Wendy,
Wow! You cleaned up your design and made it very appealing. I like the color choices you made and you took into consideration the colors that are in your photos as well. I like the clean type face that you chose as well. I might center align your footer but that is the only thing I can think of to improve upon. Great job.

Sierragirlnv

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Your photos are so beautiful!
Also, the layout is very clean. It's easy to find info :)
great job!

Kiwako