Project 1 Final product

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
TsukimizuDC

Project 1 Final product

Post by TsukimizuDC »

Hey guys,

This is Dalanie Chester and this is my final for project 1.

For my final, many of you guys loved the textured background from the preliminary, I took that to heart and made your request. All I used for the background was the cloud filter and did texturized in the filter gallery. I changed my fonts from yataghan to Lucida Blackletter to expand more fonts (also, I had a problem downloading the font yataghan.) I left the header as it was, all I had to do was live trace the drawing and the kanji (Japanese symbols). I stretched out the navigation bar as long as the header and used Apple Chancery for the type. I fixed up the project boxes and also the about paragraph. I had a suggestion of changing a word in the resources area, and so I did. I used a lot of strokes to show how inspired I am of anime. I also used outer glow to demonstrate the illumination of the moon.

Enjoy guys!! :D
Attachments
project_1_dcc.jpg
Dalanie "Tsukimizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer

TsukimizuDC

Re: Project 1 Final product

Post by TsukimizuDC »

Oh!!

I almost forgot! Due to my flash drive being corrupted on me (sucks), I had to remake my page from scratch.

Oh, what a crazy day that I've been having!

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Delanie!
Nice job, I like it! It's well balanced and the colors work well together. The text seems a little small for these old eyes, maybe you could make it a little bigger for us old folks. :lol:
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Dalanie!

I really like your use of color. Your theme is very apparent, and although I wish your typeface reflected the line weight and strokes of Japanese characters instead of what would be used in an Old English book. That said, your personality and interests come very clearly with this page, great job!
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Looks good Dalanie,
You should animate it one day =)
-wendy

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Dalanie,
Nice Job! The color scheme that you chose goes well together and I love the textured background, nice touch. I really like your design in the right hand corner it caught my attention right away. Your self portrait is a beautiful picture of you and I love the mask that you're holding. Your navigation is perfectly balanced with you header and elements below. Couple suggestions that I would make is to make your project and resources buttons a little smaller and make your body paragraph font a little bigger. It is hard to read and notice. Otherwise great job!
Danielle Record

TsukimizuDC

Post by TsukimizuDC »

wendy_boddy wrote:Looks good Dalanie,
You should animate it one day =)
-wendy
What do mean, Wendy? :?:

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Dalanie,
I like the color and texture of your design. The old english font mixed with the Japanese characters is a bit confusing. I also agree with others that the body copy could be a little larger. Nice job!
Matthew

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hi Dalanie,

This home page represents you so well and your interests come through loud and clear. Great job on that. I like you color scheme and your textured background.

I agree that the type choices are a bit conflicting. Lithos Pro might be a good complement to the cosplay theme of your site, or try researching comic book fonts.

Nice work overall.
Elizabeth_Brass

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

This is a really neat layout because it represents you! I love the hand drawn illustrations, as well as the background texture. It's a wonderful idea. To me though, the whole design is coming off a bit cluttered/busy, and I believe this is due to your choice of font (although it is a fun and dramatic typeface). I feel like it is a little too embellished for the style you're going for, and instead, should be something more simple, and maybe more brush-stroke looking. But good job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m