Lingling's final critique for project1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Lingling's final critique for project1

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,everyone,
This is Lingling, here I come for my final critique for my project one.
Fist,thank you for who left the comments for my roughs. Those comments and other classmates’roughs do help me getting some ideas for my final one, I refined on my personal poster on my rough 1, and create a new one ,a better one for my final homepage: )

Here is my final version of project one. I created this my own artistic frame for holding the stuff I wanted to show, 3D feel, paper-cutting styles. I used a texture effect for the background as a wall, and painted some ‘Magic Dust’, stars etc elements to increased the sense of hierarchy, and for rendering some atmosphere. I spent hours and hours on that, finally the effect is very close what I want it to be. I think the final piece is much better than my two roughs, I like it. What do you guys think? Please let me know. Thank you!

Lingling
Attachments
grc175-p1-final.jpg

rrodriguez

Re: Lingling's final critique for project1

Post by rrodriguez »

LingLing Chen…I think your home page looks great because it looks interactive and fun. It's well organized and easy to navigate. I like the magical dust on the left side, as well as your photo illustration of yourself - very creative! The blue waves/patterns mixed with the light blue box gives it unity. The buttons look like there part of the design which makes it look cool. If you wanted to give the feeling of creative, fun and energetic - then you did that really well. The only suggestion I have is that…if you have the TMCC logo at bottom, you don't have to right "Truckee Meadows Community College" again on the very bottom line. It's like saying TMCC twice. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything!
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Lingling! I like the things that you have done for your final. What a great idea to frame the content, very creative! While the balance is good, I would like to see the content a little bigger, not so much frame. You are such a great talent!
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Lingling-

Your layout is just great. Truly. It's easy to navigate, has a nice flow to it, and I see everything in order of importance just as it should be. Your choice of type in your head text is very nice and artsy, and I love your headshot, the mixed-media look is a nice touch. The only thing I would change is probably the links of your resources, I would probably not number them off, I would probably use the name of the article or website, under a small header of "resources" or similar. I would also change that typeface and that of the body copy...it's just so generic and you're so NOT! Your artistic abilities and shining personality deserve to be showcased in a more dignified manner :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Lingling,
WOW! What a creative and artistic design! :) I love it! Your color scheme is beautiful, layout is simplistic, your image is unique and extremely creative with all the art supplies on her head, visually appealing, and your whole layout is balanced really well. I love your quote, as well it is nice touch.I would say that your design shows off your personality and portrays your great talents, as well. The only thing that I would suggest is to remove your name and email address from the body and place your email in place of the words Truckee Meadows Community College because you already have the logo on here. Otherwise, your site is really inspirational and you did an awesome job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Lingling,

I really like the fantasy look of your site and your collaged portrait is awesome! It really shows your creativity and skill as a designer. The body copy font isn't complimenting the design, though. I suggest choosing something different.
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Your layout is so neat! Very traditional looking, with great ties to your heritage, but in a modern way. I like how it represents you, and the colors work great together. That photo you included is very clever, and I feel like I know a little bit about you just from skimming your design. There are only two things I would play around with. The text at the top could be larger, as I feel like it's being overlooked a little, and then brighten up the background color, to make it more like orange rather than tan. But it's still so good!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Lingling,

I think you did a fantastic job displaying your creativity! It looks really wonderful. The only thing I can say is I think there a too many varying font choices. I think if you could pick two and stick with those throughout the design it would create better unity, but your creativity is great! Good job!

Sierragirlnv

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Lingling,

I think creativity is absolutely flowing through your home page. The way you contain your content is very clever, and the overall layout is balanced perfectly. I think you might be able to find a slightly better font to use for your body copy, but that's really the only suggestion I can give you for improving your design because I think your final is great.
Dominique Boudinot

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Lingling!
I think your work is super creative AND very easy to navigate. I look forward to seeing this balance in your other work as well. Your site is well thought out and well executed!

wendy