Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project One Final

Post by Instructor »

This one's looking pretty good.

The design of this site has a serenity to it. Like watching a ladybug perch on a flower. The transparency on the main content container works really well. The nature scene and red flower really set the tone. Great use of color and repetition. Contrast too. The red and black work well together. I like the font choices as well, a warm serif and whimsical script really play nicely together. They give it a feel of a warm spring day spent sketching in a notebook. Great use of color, photography and type to induce warm feelings in the viewer

I see a few things that it could do better though. The buttons should have been sized to the largest word. Because they are not, "resources" looks really crowded. Also, I'm not fond of all the dashes on the paragraph, turn off hyphenation on your justification next time. Lastly it needs a little work on margins. The spacing above and below the bodycopy block is different, it should be the same. There should be more room between the edges of the script type at the bottom and the content container.

A warm comfortable little website. Nice work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Hi Ashley,

I think your changes are very apparent when it's compared to the rough. You've bumped up the boldness of a lot of your text, which really helps balance it with the dominance that the flower creates. The image of you definitely does help personalize the whole page more, and helps put a face to the name, which if the idea behind these websites is a portfolio of sorts, then that's a good thing. One of the few things I might suggest is to give a little more room in between elements of the design--the body copy and the image, the navigation and the body copy--just to lessen the somewhat cramped feeling they're giving off now. Other than that, it's a great looking design!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

This is such a great site! I love the flower in the background. Just out of pure curiosity, did you take that photo? Love it either way. Your personality comes through really clearly. I have been trying to figure out my cat for years :D
Elizabeth_Brass

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Beautiful work Ashley !! Everyhting is balnced and unified, nothing out of place! I also like your sence of humor!! lol Honestly at this point I didnt notice anything that need a major change. Looks great!!

Amy

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Ashley,
I really like the look of your website.
I like how you added a photo of yourself and I like were you placed it.
The type you used looks good and I really like the script areas.
I like organic feel the flower gives and the bold colors you picked.
The reddish color scheme looks good with the flower and brings the design just enough color.

To me there is some negative space at the bottom of the flower that stands out to me in the composition.
I would like to see some color on the flowers around your photos. That is if you can add some.
I like the black and white look of the flowers around the photo but adding some of the red would balance the color out around the whole composition.
Plus it would give your photo a little more appeal.
Kinda like the stylized look where black and white photos have just 1 other color in them on one thing like a blue dress.
Simple but stands out. Hope that makes sense.

Otherwise it looks very nice, good job!
Georgia

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Ashley,

I like that you went with red. When in doubt always go with the red one...haha that's my motto anyways. I think it has great balance to it. I like the layout and the photo on the bottom is a good choice to go with black and white. Your site definitely "pops". Great job!

Sierragirlnv

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hi Ashley,

I'm really glad you went with this design, it's one of my favorites with the ones I've seen and I think it's beautiful with the flower accented in the background and foreground simultaneously. It's easier to find the navigation now.

But if you want to go with your second layout and fiddle with it, I say go ahead! It wasn't a bad design at all, even though I preferred this one.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied