project #2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ElizabethBrass

project #2

Post by ElizabethBrass »

hey guys,

so I chose Reno Kiwanis Bike Program.

http://www.kiwanisbikes.org/

They don't have a logo so I made one.

And just FYI, the blue matches the blue on the Kiwanis International website.

http://www.kiwanis.org/
Attachments
kiwanis_rough_4_home_page.jpg
kiwanis_rough_4_internal_page.jpg
kiwanis_rough_2_home_page.jpg
kiwanis_rough_2_donations.jpg
Elizabeth_Brass

lingling_chen

Re: project #2

Post by lingling_chen »

What a cool idea on the cycling track.
Good job,Elizabeth.

Lingling

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Elizabeth!
I like the idea of the tire track in rough 4 and the navigation at the bottom. However, I really like the cyclist logo on rough 1 and that you included the Kiwanis logo too. Great start!
PaulaBurris

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Awesome job on these! I especially like how you created a logo to go with your whole design, that really bumps up the credibility of the website in my eyes. In addition, you chose the color blue, not because it's your favorite color, but because it has significance to the business, which makes your roughs more authentic. That tire graphic you made was a clever idea, and the way it's runs through the page provides the eyes with some nice movement. Anyways, if it isn't clear already, I'm more fond of your first design! If I would change something, maybe add some kind of border on the image in the internal page? I feel like the blue background is overpowering the photo a bit.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Elizabeth,
I like the logo you designed it's simple and clean. I was a Kiwanis member in high school and I still have no idea what the point of the organization was. I think the colors could be a little DE saturated. I know you used actual colors from the national website but a bright blue like that should have subtle hints but not be the primary color used. That is my opinion... take it however you want.
Great start!

Sierragirlnv

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

I should have clarified that the color on my rough changed when I put on here. It is a much more muted grayish blue.
Elizabeth_Brass

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Elizabeth,
I like both of your designs for the redesign.
It took me a little while to figure out what the company does.
I thought it was a bike shop until I read what they do for children in Nevada! Great company.

I would try to emphasis what they do.
Maybe a picture of someone giving a child a bike.
The photos make it look like a bike store.

I like the “rough 2” design.
The name looks good and the navigation is very readable.

A good start, nice job
Georgia

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Elizabeth Brass, I like both websites for different reasons. The layout with the dark blue is just awesome as hell. The logo and tread marks in the background are professional and dynamic at once. The layout with one image as the background is easy to read because of the box and type within the box. I'm thinking maybe merge to two together. The dark blue looks great on home page, but when you go to other pages, maybe it won't read so well. Adding a white box or lighter shade box then type would make it easier to read and pop even more. Overall its looking great
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Elizabeth,

I like the top roughs, they peak my interest and make me want to learn more about the program, so I would absolutely click on your links. The tire track creates such nice eye movement, but I think the logo is a little hard to read right on top of the tire track so I would adjust that a little. From a design standpoint, however, your roughs are top-notch. Great Work!
Dominique Boudinot

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I'm gonna be annoying and say that i like the kiwanis_rough_4_home_page.jpg as your home page and kiwanis_rough_2_donations.jpg as your sub pages. I like the use of the image covering the whole background and the logo on the front page is awesome so I'd like to see both in one site.

Nice work!

wendy