Projecr 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kiwakom

Projecr 2 Roughs

Post by kiwakom »

Hi Everyone!
I'm Kiwako. Here are my roughs.
The Website I'm redesigning is the Pub N Sub. http://www.thepubnsub.com/
That's my favorite pizza restaurant, but the website is awful :(
My goal is to organize the information and make it better design for university/college students.

Design 1

I used the wood texture for the background because the Pub N Sub uses many wood for their decorations.
Also, I used the drop shadow for the white background.

Design 2

I try to design it simply as much as I can.
I made the logo which represents the shape and color of pizza.
Attachments
grc175_project2_design_2_second_page.jpg
grc175_project2_design_2.jpg
grc175_project2_design_1_second_page.jpg
grc175_project2_design_1.jpg

aslychsm

Re: Projecr 2 Roughs

Post by aslychsm »

I really like the simplicity of both your designs. I think for a website that specializes in food, it should have food as the central focus, sometimes less is more, and you did that very well! I'm having a hard time picking one, because they're both awesome, but I think the second layout is more fitting for the Pub N Sub. I like the wood background, and I totally understand why you chose it, but I feel like it would look better with a brick background. And maybe play around with a different typeface to make it more interesting. Good job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi there,

I think you should go with the layout with the wood in it. I think it gives it more appeal. Red is an important color for pizza because it stimulates hunger. I would do something creative with the "Pub and Sub" words and it bothers me that it covers the guys head in the photo. Also be careful with pictures of food, once you get too close up it looks unappetizing. Good luck I think you have a great start and yeah that website is terrible...haha

Sierragirlnv

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hi,

I Love how minimal both of your roughs are. I like the first one because because the Nav bar is easier to see than the second one. But the second one reminds me of sitting out side on their picnic tables eating pizza in the summer. Because of the wood background I think. If you go with the second one try to make the nav bar more readable.

Great Job!
Elizabeth_Brass

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Kiwako!
Great job of your roughs! I think both of your designs contain simplistic layouts that are very clean & organized. I really like your logo that you created and where you placed the images on rough #2 but I think I like rough #1 more. I think it is more visually appealing because of the wood background and I think the content catches my attention more (maybe because it contains an image next to it). I would suggest adding some contact & location information to the homepage and I would add your logo to rough #1 on the glass of the counter and move the Pub N Sub up a little more. I can't wait to see your final design!
Last edited by recordd on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danielle Record

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Nice work Kiwako!
I like rough #1 the best, it has a little more personality and I really like the wood in the background. Maybe move the navigation all the way to the top so the man's head isn't split. Also, there is a typo on "service" in rough #1 and in the logo "Pub" in rough #2. Great work!
PaulaBurris

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Kiwako,

I like the rough with the wood background more the other has a little too much white space for me personally. Design 1 has a good feeling that makes me think of good food outdoors with friends. There are a couple typos which Paula pointed out, I only noticed the one in the navigation bar. I like that the navigation bar isn't all the way at the top, but you might try moving it around and seeing if you find a placement you like more. Good Job!
Dominique Boudinot

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kiwako,
Nice job with finding a local bad website. It is so simple it’s barely a website.
Even though your designs are pretty simple they are more detailed than the original website.
Your designs look more professional then their site already as simple roughs.
I like your design 1 roughs better than the 2nd ones, but both work for me.

I like the wood panel texture you have as the background.
Gives it a unique feeling for a bar/restaurant.
I would make the navigation more legible.
It is too small and needs to be a little bigger maybe darker.
The bold font for the hours/name is too bold. In terms of hierarchy I think it’s not that important.
The photos look good and I like how you used a very wide screen look to them with the information.
Looks good, nice start!
Georgia

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Kiwako,

Wow, you did pick a good site to re-design!

I really like the friendly appeal of your second rough. The wood background warms up the feel of the site while also conveying a sense of history. I suggest jazzing up the name to give it more personality. The "Event" hero shot would be great to use for the home page.

Nice work!
Matthew

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

The design with the wood background is awesome. I would go with that one.
Good job!

-wendy