Preliminary Critique for Project 2 - CP

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
wendy_boddy

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project 2 - CP

Post by wendy_boddy »

The logo commands attention, but then again I am a theatre person. good job! the subtle gradient in the left hand corner adds a very nice touch. and pulls the green colors in the website together. looking forward to seeing the second deisgn.

wendy

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Candace,
I really like how this design turned out even though I don’t know what their website looks like.
I like the banner sign area that looks really cool. Very flashy!
I like the color scheme you have going as it really pops off the page.
The white text looks really good on the black background and I like the green links.

I would change the color of the text on the navigation bar, as it gets lost with the green.
Really close values, which makes it hard to see/read.
I would try to get rid of some of the negative space. Just seems to be a lot of black/background.
Maybe increase the size of things to fill in the extra space or just make more color areas to give separations.

Looks like a good start.
Nice job!
Georgia

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

I wasn't sure what is your original site that you changed to copare your work too, but so far you have a good start on your site. Evertyhing work, but I might change your navigational buttons to all capital latters and maybe make little boxses around them to pop out. Good start!

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Candace-

I really like the theme you've got going on here! The color scheme isn't bad, but what I think might work better is to pull colors from the header image used of the theatre sign- perhaps instead of green, various shades and tints of those golden yellows would pull the whole thing together? Also, I like the typeface you've chosen, the showtimes and bigger blocks of text are very easy to read. However, I would consider a contrasting typeface that's just a touch more expressive for your links and headlines. Since it's got that vintage feel, I know the drive-in thing was really more 50s, but looking at that sign makes me think of earlier films from the silent era. Anyway, this is a movie theatre website, don't be afraid to have fun with it! :D
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Candace,

I think the layout is nice so far, and I agree that the color scheme works pretty well. However, I think that the use of the name gets a little redundant in the content box. Since I'm on their website, I wouldn't expect anyone else's showtimes or theaters. However, I think it's looking pretty good overall and I look forward to your finals!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Candace.

I like what you've started with so far, the colors of it do catch the attention and is pretty organized. I'd like to see the original website to better be able to compare it to, but I think you're off to a good start. My suggestion is to play with the main body of the page more, because right now the logo of it is really drawing all the attention and the rest of the info risks being lost.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

The marquee logo is great! I'd make the show posters all the same size there on the right or the top page.

-wendy

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I like the layout :)
That's very clean, and it's easy to find information!
Btw, copy right is option key + G ©

Good job!

Kiwako