Project two in its finality

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Sierragirlnv

Project two in its finality

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Here is the link to my website:

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2014 ... index.html

In case it doesn't make sense click on "project 1" button (the only link set up) that leads to the website I redesigned. All of the buttons at the top work i.e. "home","about" "mission", "contact" sooo if you click any of those pages they link but, if you are on the home page of MIT that "home" button will bring you back to my project one page....

Oh, and here is the link for the old website so you can compare....http://cavs.mit.edu/

Thanks,

Sierragirlnv
Last edited by Sierragirlnv on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiwakom

Re: Project two in its finality

Post by kiwakom »

Wow!
That's great. I really like the your design. The navigation bar is wonderful!

I think you can change the "project 1" button to "project 2", and then "project 2" to "project 3".
Also, in MIT homepage, I feel boday copy is too close to the photo, so you can put the space code ( ).

Other than that, good job!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hello,

I like your homepage and your redesign. The right alignment really seems to work and it makes the page seem cooler. To quote a GRC Instructor, "Right alignment is the coolest of all the alignments." I also like the consistency throughout the pages. My one improvement critique, which we are supposed to give via the critiquing instructions, is that I wish there was an image or another element under contact us on the "contact" page. Nice work!
Dominique Boudinot

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Great Job!!! Beautiful front page image of water! Everything works and looks great. I also very like the way you redesigned your second project, you did an amazing job. It has a very clean and stylized look and well organized. I don't see any major changes that I would make, if change anything, I would probably would align the body text a little bet more even against the images on the site. Overall, you did an amazing job!!!!

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Tiffani! Great Job on both of your sites! Your homepage turned out awesome and still love that picture it is gorgeous! :-) One and only thing I would suggest is changing the project 1 link to project 2 and project 2 to project 3 for easier navigation to project 2. I was confused at first until I read your paragraph. Your re-designed site turned out great too! It is easy to navigate through, the homepage images are visually appealing and overall the layout is well balanced, as well. One thing I would suggest is moving your page title over more to the right so that the height of the whole title is the same as your logo. Basically, move technology next to of then 'center of advanced studies' will move up and be even with the rest of the title. I hope this helps and nice job!
Danielle Record

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

I think these came out superbly! I especially like your homepage, it's very tranquil. You're center graphic is creative, and stands out nicely against the image. Your MIT website redesign feels very professional and clean. I like the colors, and all the effort you put into each page. It's all very nicely done! My only suggestion is to adjust the navigation text, as the white font is getting a little lost set atop the snowy mountain.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Tiffani Lear,

Your portfolio website is so awesome. It's that photo, it makes the design just shine. It's a simple design, but cleaver and innovative at the same time. Pretty dang cool. Your redesign website is professional and clean. The buttons make it easy to navigate through. The logo is great as well. They really should hire you to redesign their website fa real. I like the white space within the pages, and great photos work well throughout.
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Tiffani! Your site is beautiful and your redesign is really good! Very clean and easy to navigate. The only thing that I would change is all the white space on the contact page. Maybe play with the character and have it do a couple of different things (ex. on the phone and/or on a laptop) Otherwise, Everything looks great!
PaulaBurris

hummela

Post by hummela »

makes sense to me. good shot of Tahoe works nicely with clear design i like your tabs at the top how they go off a little.
I like the photo you picked for your home page, on the redo sit i think it is working well.
would suggest spacing the wording and images a little more a part for easier reading a alining the text.
Alexa Hummel :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking very good Tiffani.

You've got a clean, modern aesthetic going for both your Project One and Two. On both of them, the white backgrounds contrast sharply with the images and it creates a very strong sense of unity and harmony.

Your Project Two is easy to navigate and presents it's information well. The photos nicely complement the text and enhance what the website it trying to tell me. The lovely maroon contrasts beautifully with the white background. The navigation is easy to use and I never lose track of where I am in the site. I do miss the chalkboard background from your preliminary version of the design though. That fuzzy ... thing ... on the contact page is cracking me up non-stop. He just looks so Done. With. This. Stuff.

My only issues with it are mostly margin related. I think you needed just a little more margin between the top logo and the navigation, it feels a little crowded here and there. Also, your images need a bit more margin too. In some spots, the bodycopy bumps into them. I'd also recommend justifying the bodycopy and making it two font sizes smaller.

Otherwise it looks very clean and professional. Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173