Dalanie's Project 3 preliminary work

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
TsukimizuDC

Dalanie's Project 3 preliminary work

Post by TsukimizuDC »

Hey guys and gals,

Cosplayer Dalanie Chester present and accounted for is here to present my roughs for Project 3.

Rough 1:
For rough #1, I went a little basic with the color design. I added a paintbrush insert on part of the design. For the instructor bio page, I moved the photos of the instructors to both sides of the box and I'm going to align the information of the instructors with the photos.

Rough 2:
For rough #2, I added our school mascot within the navigation bar. Instructor page, I zig-zagged the images and going to do the same thing with the information.

Sorry for not adding some information about the instructors, I just didn't have a clue to write down, but I hope you guys enjoy.
Attachments
tmcc_website_rough1.jpg
tmcc_website_rough1_instructor.jpg
tmcc_website_rough2.jpg
tmcc_website_rough2_instructor.jpg
Dalanie "Tsukimizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer

lingling_chen

Re: Dalanie's Project 3 preliminary work

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,Dalanie

I like both of your roughs. Good color, and graphic choices. Good job!

Lingling

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Cosplayer Dalanie,

Both layouts would work for this project. But I tend to like rough 2 layout and elements better. Using TMCC mascot is a nice touch. I would maybe suggest having the mascot logo on page once, a new viewer unfamiliar with TMCC or the Graphic Communications Program might think we're infested with happy lizards or something. Your font choices are easy to read. Good start
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Delanie, good job on both roughs! I find it difficult to choose one. I think I have to go with rough 1. I like the overlap of the boxes and the paintbrush. If you decide to go with rough 2, I agree that one lizard would be a better choice. The color schemes and font choices are strong in both designs. Good job girl!
PaulaBurris

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Dalanie!!
Nice job on both of your designs! I really like both of them (the typography & color schemes) but I think I'm going to go with rough #1. I really like the well-balanced layout, the paintbrush adds character, & the navigation is easy to locate. I feel the layout and content is more spaced out in this design than the other. One suggestion that I would make is to move the TMCC address info. down to the bottom of the design. I can't wait to see your final layout!
Danielle Record

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Dalanie,
Your roughs for project three are off to a good start. Now that we have learned transparency it might work well for your designs. I also think you might want to include one complimentary color to your design somewhere to accentuate you design better.
I think the information is displayed nicely and organized well.

Sierragirlnv

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Dalanie,
I like all of your design ideas.

I like the one with the lizard more as its more creative.
Nice Job
Georgia

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

Hey Dalanie, while both would work, I find myself preferring the 2nd set of roughs. I think the white background color works better for your body copy than green. Yet, since I find I also like the brush from your first rough, may I ask if you'd consider a way to work that into your second? The mascot was a nice touch (I didn't know we had one), but I agree with Rosa that one lizard would be enough. I also like your layout for the bios in your second design as well. Overall, nice start!
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Dalanie,
'
I like the bottom set more because I think the page is more balance. I would remove the lizard at the top that's facing left and move the other lizard over to create stronger eye-movement/sense of direction.
Dominique Boudinot

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I enjoyed both roughs.
Personally, I like rough 1.
The rough 2 is too simple to me.
But I feel I want to see more images.
Also, the copyright is too big.

Other than that, Good start.

Kiwako