Lingling's project3 roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Lingling's project3 roughs

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi,everyone
Here are my roughs for my last project for this class.

Please let me know what you think of them, thank you!

Lingling
Attachments
rough2-gallery.png
rough2-overview.png
rough1-gallery.png
rough1-overview.png

rrodriguez

Re: Lingling's project3 roughs

Post by rrodriguez »

Lingling,

Both layouts are awesome. You have a real talent for laying out information so neatly and professionally. But I personally like roughs 1. It looks high tech, almost as if little sounds would be applied to buttons if you clicked them. The arrangement of the information from the buttons, to logo, to body copy box make me want to read more and there's nothing in there to read! Too cool. Great start
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Lingling! I, too, like rough1. It is very different in a good way. If I had to change anything, maybe the .... nope, nothing, Great work!
PaulaBurris

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi LingLing!
Wow is all I can say! These layouts are awesome!! You are very talented designer girl! I have enjoyed every one of your designs this semester. :-) I cannot just pick one rough so I'm going to comment on both designs. Rough #1, has a clean, simplistic, & professional layout which is very eye catching and organized. Your buttons, content boxes, etc. just make me want to keep reading and browsing. Rough #2, has the same kind of feel to it. It is organized neatly with room for space which balances out the whole layout. I love the color scheme on this one, as well. I have one suggestion for rough #2, and that is to add some sort of image to the homepage under the content. Great Job and I cannot wait to see your final design!
Danielle Record

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Lingling,

I was wondering about your "tea and meal" image in your rough? Is that an advertisement or something? Anyways, your color choices are good and I enjoy the organization of the information.
The rough #1 has a spacecraft kind of feel to it. although it is interesting and it would get my curiosity.

Sierragirlnv

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Lingling,
I like all your designs.
Either one would work.

I like your rough 1 idea better because it has more color and design than the first.
It’s more exciting.

Good Job,
Georgia

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

Hi Lingling!
While both layouts are great, my preference is for the second set of roughs. I like the gradient of color for the nav menu, and the layout makes me feel as though it's high tech....some sort of advanced digital software at my fingertips! When you complete some of those side menus (news1, news2, etc), it will be interesting to see. Very nice layouts. : -)
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Lingling,

I like rough 1 because the design of the interface and the color is fun. I would just try to balance the content at the bottom a little more. Nice Work!
Dominique Boudinot

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Hi Lingling,
I enjoyed both your designs.
It's very nice layout. I also like the color choices you did.
Personally I like the rough 2 more than the rough 1.
The navigation bar is very nice.

Good job!

Kiwako

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! Two very strong designs here. Good work, Lingling.

I slightly prefer the first design because it uses color better. I like it's layout and the way it presents information. Your navigation and logo top bar are strong and easy to follow. Your bodycopy is large and easy to read. I like the blog-style sidebar that has all sorts of additional links and navigation in it. I like the depth of the design. The overlap between the starburst banner at the top, the content area, and the top navigation really locks the design together. Nice use of color, stroke, texture, effects, and drop shadows.

Five suggestions. One, narrow your top bar so that your logo and buttons are centered in your nav bar. Two, blur the bottom of your burst background image so that it matches the top blur. Three, make sure the distance between each of your top navigation buttons is the same from button to button. Four, use a lighter bodycopy type (similar to your "tagline here" type). Five justify your bodycopy and add a bit more space between paragraphs.

I like what you're doing here, Lingling. Keep it up!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173