GRC175 Project1 Preliminary critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
japanese_panda

GRC175 Project1 Preliminary critique

Post by japanese_panda »

Hello Everyone, This is my project1 critique.

I made iconic homepage design, and this is the link I got some ideas. http://groovisions.com/works/

When you click an icon, you can jump to my other page, which will be same concept and theme (circle icon and flat images.)

the other design is sophisticated web site. it looks classic, but you can see my art work on top page. It has value order, so I think it has high legibility, and readability.

this is the link I got inspired. http://www.ooo-jp.com

give me some comments :0
Attachments
rough2.jpg
rough1_yk.jpg
Yoshiki Katabami

punkassbookjockey

Re: GRC175 Project1 Preliminary critique

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the second one best. The colors and symbols within circles are very appealing, and the simplicity of the design gets to the point very well. Did you create the circular symbols?
Jena Molina

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

The first one is cool but I like the second one more, it just looks like a lot more fun.
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the second one because it looks easier to navigate and the colors go together.
Amy Zimmerman

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I like the second also but dislike the background color, it seems to clash, also your icons looks very early 90's design, which can be cool if you go with that theme, I would however try to add some kind of modern design element to the page.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the second one too if you add your personal description to fill the project requirement. It looks simple and easy to find the information we want.
Natsuki Tonuma

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I agree with everybody else. In terms of design, the second one is more interesting. I think you should try to do some cool typography with your name because it looks kind of simple, but maybe that's what you're going for.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

Hey Yoshi. I really like the first one for your website. My suggestions would be to add things to the backround or images that relate to yourself and DJ/music. I think the typeface you chose for your headline and name could use some color or maybe a different typeface. I like the overall layout of page. it's very navigable.
-Warren Asher-

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the top design better; it shows off your style and artwork more. You might think about adding a colored background it looks a bit plain. I would also make the navigation bigger on the top design, it gets lost with everything around it being so big.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I think the second one looks more interesting, however, I think it could benefit from a color scheme with more detailed (or original) imagery.
- Starla Houck