Project One Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by lsimgrc175 »

My sites for inspiration are:

http://www.nike.com
-huge colorful graphics (photographs) but it all loads fast. I can only just start to see a little bit of low-res on a 5k monitor.

putzengel.at
-an Austrian cleaning service. The artwork and layout are BOMB but it is very slow to load. I'm not sure how much of that is graphics or foreign server...

I'm focused on the background art right now, I haven't given any thought to icons / buttons yet. I just forgot. :shock:

I wanted two styles: one using pictures I already had, and one that I had to draw / make totally from scratch.
Attachments
The Russians sent a dog into space back in the day.  Cats are way better and so is America.  So I stepped up.
The Russians sent a dog into space back in the day. Cats are way better and so is America. So I stepped up.
Nerd Rage!  I don't condone nerds or rage, but together they are AWESOME
Nerd Rage! I don't condone nerds or rage, but together they are AWESOME
-End message

Blackfïsk

Re: Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by Blackfïsk »

Kinda creepy.

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Good color choices on both. I just am not a fan of either one.
Amy Zimmerman

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Funny. I prefer the second one because it's visually interesting for me over the first one personally.
Natsuki Tonuma

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

In terms of design the first one is better, but I don't really see them as websites. They look more like paintings.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the second one. It looks straight out of a Henry Rollins video "Liar." :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: However I don't see it working as a website in it's present state. It's awesome as an art project or design in present state. It needs to have more navigation. I feel like I would be lost and staring at a large webpage of art, rather than your website to promote yourself and your design.
-Warren Asher-

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I agree with Alexis and Warren, it does feel more like a painting and therefore people might be looking more at it then the content. Having said this, I like the first design better; if you were going to stick with this I would suggest heavily desaturating the images. This would push the images further back and look more like background. For the first design you could put the buttons on the top left side and the paragraph on the top right (so it looks like the cat is looking at it).
Vicki Miller

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I left room free for the :geek: scientifically proven :geek: most important upper left corner...links and descriptions will go there. I also wanted something going on (or suggested) in the sort-of-mid-upper-right corner we heard about. Will tweak wallpaper as time goes on, but it needs to be there first :mrgreen:
-End message

moserary

Post by moserary »

This appeal for this genre will certainly be limited. The bold color scheme is ok, it's the graphics that are harsh and negative. For me the first one, with the kitten, seems safest and is the one I would want to know more about. Perhaps.

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

...Good. Limiting appeal is my goal. That's what "genre" means.
-End message