Project #1 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
anna_lyse

Project #1 Preliminary Critique

Post by anna_lyse »

Hello! :D

My first website idea with the picture in the background I wasn't quite sure if it made the page too busy, but I did like the contrast with where I placed my possible buttons and little spell about myself. For my second design I wanted to keep it super simple with color, thus the black and white. I did want to add a little bit of an eye catcher for the possible placement of where my buttons could go for the website to direct you to other pages. I was also thinking of maybe putting little previews of previous artwork as a teaser on the front page, but I don't know. So I would like to hear thoughts on that. Thank you for looking!!

My reference:

http://www.creativebloq.com/portfolios/ ... 368?page=3

I'm always a huge fan of creativeblog.com they always have designers to look at to inspire for different needs like type, or in this case some really well done portfolios.

http://sincerelyjules.com

As silly as it sounds my other references of a nice website was looking at one of my favorite blogs. This blogger has been around for awhile and her website is pretty easy to go through. Sincerely Jules keeps her blog really clean and professional. Something I really hoped my ideas might give off.
Attachments
website_design_02.png
website_design.png
Annalyse Klekar

warren.asher@gmail.com

Re: Project #1 Preliminary Critique

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

:D Hey. I like the first one you designed but I would choose a different typeface for your bodycopy about yourself, blah blah blah. It doesn't work in my opinion with your highly expressive fonts for your navigation and headline. The greyscale picture would work a lot more if you added more color than just that pink/purpleish hue you got going there.
-Warren Asher-

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I really see some potential in the first one. I'm just having a hard time reading some of your type. Maybe you should make the background transparent and the decrease the transparency of your buttons/boxes to make the type more readable.
ALEXIS ROSALES

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the first one because it looks more fancy! You might change your body copy typeface and make your name bold. Nice photo!
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

Fist one is better. You *could* put buttons along the bottom and keep almost the entire image clean.
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the second one better. There are some things that could be changed - the background you could add a little color. Add some more buttons.
Amy Zimmerman

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like bits and pieces of both. I like the Step into my world from the top design but I like the more stylized version of your name on the bottom one. Maybe have how the top one is set out but change the step into my world to the Arial looking type and have the stylized type for your name so it puts more emphasis on your name. The top version gives you more room for buttons and the bottom more opportunities for images. I think the image space on the bottom would be perfect for the teaser previews you were talking about. I think your type works just fine for both layouts; the top one you used has the same type for Step into my world/the navigation and then a different type for your name/things about you, right? I really liked the creativebloq.com supper inspirational.
Vicki Miller

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I really like the top one, have you considered making the transparent boxes in a darker color and lightening the type? It will read better, and you can keep the design.
Jena Molina

moserary

Post by moserary »

The top one shows your creativity, the second the various parts of your personality. My preference is the first. The color choices are eye-catching and if/when you soften the edges of the lavender and blend them into the background it will be amazing.

Vicki has a great point about your signature, it should be first and foremost. If the one on your second rough is your logo, it's great and should be used on the first one where it's currently lost in the basic font.

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like bottom one. nice color scheme.

but I think I am not sure you need arrow on the left of the navigation buttons.

I got the eye movement from top left to right already.
Yoshiki Katabami