Project One Preliminary Critique. -Tucker

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Blackfïsk

Project One Preliminary Critique. -Tucker

Post by Blackfïsk »

So for my design I chose to create a scrolling website that uses a combination of parallax scrolling and animated gifs to create the illusion of depth and movement. The theme of my website will be about diving into the ocean (through scrolling) and getting deeper and deeper underwater. Each 'page' or module will be titled a different league and the further down you go the larger the creatures and things will float by, I plan on even creating a sunken ship in illustrator. At the very bottom of the page it will be the darkest and I plan on creating a giant kraken whose tentacles will animate around the module (page)

Here is the first page I designed its the top of the sea and a lighthouse, to enter the website you have to dive in.

I also created this same scene in 3D using 3d software, I think I will use this as the start page.
https://youtu.be/O3cwZUdssKY

The whole website will look something like this, I've only just started designing the stuff that will parallax scroll.

The two websites that inspired me were;

http://nasaprospect.com/

http://www.boy-coy.com/#home

http://hotdot.pro/#

These websites feel fun and interactive to use and make great use of visual motion and user input to create an engaging experience that goes beyond just a normal website that feels static and stale. I like these websites because they can morph and change without the need for button pressing or the user being stopped with what they are doing. A good design should not need multiple pages, all the information should and could just appear at the right time, and information can just flow in and out of your website. This is why I chose these three websites as insperation.

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project One Preliminary Critique. -Tucker

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

You're 3D design is unique. I think you have a very good start for your website.
Amy Zimmerman

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I really like your concept. It is interesting to go deeper and deeper by scroll and will see larger creature as I go. Also, your 3D illustration is AMAZING:)
Natsuki Tonuma

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

This is a really good idea. It's seems a little ambitious, but if you're able to pull it off it would look great.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

Hello!
I can tell you really like doing this stuff! This is super cool and you seem to know what your doing! DO IT :o
Kathryn Kennedy

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I love the design, but I'm wondering if parallax scroll will be too difficult... I can't wait to see it if you give it a try!
Jena Molina

moserary

Post by moserary »

This is an amazing start! Will it all be grayscale-based or will there be any of the otherworldly colors found under water? The type is ok but the logo really caught my attention, will that style be used more?

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I really like your images.
3D image looks great.

you can work more contrast! I think.

It will help image more pop out!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

punkassbookjockey wrote:I love the design, but I'm wondering if parallax scroll will be too difficult... I can't wait to see it if you give it a try!
The type is really just a place holder, I will use fonts I've bought from a font artist.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, an endless scroller. Nice!

Now where is your second design, sir? Image

In the meantime, I like where you are going with this design. It has a very distinct feel to it. It seems almost like a video game level to me. It uses contrast very well throughout. I have no problem reading the type. I think sans-serif is a good choice. It warms up some areas where the design might get cold.

Watch your margins though. Your "About Me" text is awfully close to the top of the black box. Push it down a bit to give it some room to breathe. Like your "500 Leagues" text.

Wish there was more here to critique. What there is is pretty darn cool.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173