Project 1 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
sierra_style

Project 1 Preliminary

Post by sierra_style »

Hello this is Mark Sinnott,

My first layout was inspired by http://www.paulineosmont.com a personal portfolio with images as backgrounds and with links and writing over the top of it. I like the open feel of the sites and think that it is very easy to find your way through while keeping the eyes attention. The navigation is very cool how you can go directly to certain sections or scroll down through it.

My second layout was inspired by http://www.quincy-requin-avocats.com a very clean well laid out website that sticks to, and even shows a little grid work within the site. I think that it looks very professional and is easy to find your way around. My color scheme is still in the works. I think that my image may need to be a larger more generic one to get the layered style that the website shows. I really like how they did that style with theirs.
Attachments
grc175_project1_rough2.jpg
grc175_project1_rough1.jpg
Mark Sinnott

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Project 1 Preliminary

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the first design. Sometimes having a simple website is the best because people like simple.
Amy Zimmerman

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I like the second one more. It looks more modern and the background is more profound. In comparison to the first one, the second is also more clean cut and aesthetically pleasing.
- Starla Houck

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

Both of them are well organized, but the second one is a little bit more interesting. I would just make your name a little bit bigger.
ALEXIS ROSALES

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the first one a lot more. The yellow arc is nice and lots of white looks good
-End message

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one. ski lift image is great.

but you can work with typography!!! I think you will do it, because we are in typography2 class.

Good job! I really like the composition and image!
Yoshiki Katabami

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I feel as though the second rough is a better depiction of not only your design style, but your personality as well. I love your use of imagery and the slightly transparent information box. The headline "Hello, I'm Mark Sinnott" is iconic, simple, and appealing. I would try justifying the text in your body paragraph to create a visual uniformity. Other than that, I think with a few tweaks, this could turn into a great website! Awesome Job :)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

You have two that I really like. however, I think the skier perched on the edge of the top one draws the eye in very effectively. If you brought in more of the yellow elsewhere, it would help draw attention.
Jena Molina

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, I think we have a good start here.

I think your second one is the stronger of the two both compositionally and expressively. I like the full page background image. I think it says a lot about you biographically. The semi-transparent content block is pretty choice as well. Your layout priorities in the block are really working. Readers grab your name from the top bar and then get the info from your bio paragraph immediately below. Nice placement on the bottom text as well.

I'd slightly enlarge your top bar text and remove the hyphenation in your body copy paragraph. Otherwise it's working well.

If you want to see a similar design at work check this out:

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2014/kiwako_miura/

One of my previous students, Kiwako Miura, had a similar idea and built it as her Project One about a year ago.

Good work, sir. I look forward to seeing it up and running.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Both design looks organized but I would go with the first one because I can see your favorite. Only thing is that you can play with typography more!
Natsuki Tonuma