Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Oreo_Chaos

Project 1 Prelim

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

Greetings! My 1st project....

The new website for the Jurassic World movie blows me away with vividness....
http://www.jurassicworld.com/

Easy and accessible, the DA website screams functionality...
http://www.deviantart.com/
Attachments
home_page.jpg
mario_website.jpg
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

lsimgrc175

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by lsimgrc175 »

could you somehow put that 8-bit mario castle onto the hill of the first layout, and make it convincing?
-End message

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like the first rough. I really like your background image. Your page is easy to navigate and that is what people like. I wouldn't add anything else to your design.
Amy Zimmerman

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one.

background images are great!

but you can work with contrast more.
it will make it better I think
Yoshiki Katabami

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I really like the mario bros concept on the second one. I would just organize the body type in a different way.
ALEXIS ROSALES

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I actually enjoy the concept of the bottom rough more because I think it better suits your personality. Although the top one is clean and visually appealing, I think it looks like a template from a website builder, generic. I think you can expand your bottom concept but I know you are a great illustrator so I would like to see your own artwork incorporated.

Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

Of the two, I prefer your second 8-bit rough. There's a lot of potential here in adding fun interactive elements, and would be fun to incorporate your own work in an 8-bit retro style. I do think the design would profit from a little bit of reorganization, or at the very least a bit less negative space. I'd also suggest darkening the sky, or adding a shadow on the text to increase the contrast on the type. Darkening the sky would probably be easier. I look forward to seeing it progress.
Tara Rinehart

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I think both have a lot of potential, I'm not sure which I like more. My question is: which one says more about who you are? I like the way the text is arranged on the first one. The second needs work in that area.
Jena Molina

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooof, as much as you're tickling my nostalgia with that second design, I think your first one is better.

The full page background image is really telling a story to me in the best "show, don't tell", sense. Your typography is working well with the background image. I'm usually not a fan of artsy Serpentine-style fonts, but it works here. Your navigation is large, well placed, and easy to use. It's really interesting, my eye starts in the upper right corner and is lead counter-clockwise through your design all the way to the top left. That's technically backwards, but it works here.

Move your left navigation over a bit to the right, it's a little tight to the left edge. Take a look at the margin on your lower left text and match your navigation to it. Maybe take a look at a thinner version of your type for the body copy.

Great work sir. I look forward to seeing it for real.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Oh interesting!:) I like the second rough because first one is a little hard to read due to the font choice and people who look at the second one are gonna be like "wow this is mario!" My suggestion is that you can think about hierarchy more. You might wanna little and body copy a bit bigger?
Natsuki Tonuma