Projetc #1 - Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
j.alexis93

Projetc #1 - Preliminary Critique

Post by j.alexis93 »

For my first design, I wanted a sleek, modern look. I played with asymmetry by placing a large dominant graphic on one side and giving the other side a lot of breathing space. The coloring in the background was done with a two color gradient and I chose to go with green and blue-green because they are analogous colors.

For my second design, I wanted a subtle design with a slight vintage feel. I chose to go with a beige background with sandy texture to give it that vintage look that I was looking for. On some of my buttons, I tried to mimic the look of a scrap-booking sticker. The choice of navy blue for my graphics was made because I felt like it was a nice contrast and complement to the beige background.

I know the requirement was two roughs, but I just couldn't narrow it to two designs. Sorry.

For the last design, I wanted a clean and simplistic look. I chose to have all my information within a vertical bar, so that it's easy to find and easy to read. When it comes to my color choices, I chose to go with green simply because it's my favorite color. For the small, decorative graphics, I wanted a color that complemented the green very well, so I went with orange.

Here are the two websites that inspired me. They both have clean and simple designs, which I happen to prefer.
http://graphicdesignjunction.com/
https://www.thebestdesigns.com/
Attachments
project_1.jpg
project_1_2.jpg
project_1_3.jpg
ALEXIS ROSALES

NevadaCowgirl

Re: Projetc #1 - Preliminary Critique

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I personally like the first one. The font color needs to be a little bit bigger and darker but still go with you color theme.
Amy Zimmerman

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really like the third one. I love the perspective of the buildings and the color you used and tinted in the background. I also feel the font choice and allignment is pleasing to the eye. Sick job mang
-Warren Asher-

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

Hello!
You definitely have color scheme down! I like all three of your designs but the one that I connect with is the first one. The second one is really nice too, its more calming and easy to navigate so you choose!
Kathryn Kennedy

sara_kennedy1

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

Hey!
I like all of them, my favorite is the second one because I like the tan and blue background. but what about creating your signature or a logo to bring the art work together in illustrator or photoshop? I think you're very talented and it would improve your work to another level.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

It's tough to choose one of three because all look great, but I would choose the first one or third one because of the style. I like these clean looking and how you place the design elements such as lines. Easy to navigate and feel so good to see! Your work is always awesome and I'm big fun of your work:)
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the first and the third one--maybe if the third one had a background for the text like the first, or just bigger font? The first one seems easier to read but the third one has a cooler background imo
-End message

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the first one exactly as it is. The colors are great, and it looks very professional.
Jena Molina

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Really professional designs, I think you should go with the top most design. It gives you more room for buttons than the bottom most does, however, I’m partial to the color green. For the top most design, you might consider dropping down the email address and tmcc stuff, it looks like its floating since you have the line for the white text box next to it. You might also consider flipping your design so the buttons are on the left (that’s where most people look for them), though I don’t think it would confuse anyone since your layout it really spacious.
Vicki Miller

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

Ohhhh I like the second one, very nice. I also Love your Logo font. Nice work!