Preliminary Critique #1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Re: Preliminary Critique #1

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I think the first one is better; I like how the tags match the steeple. Maybe the thumbnails on the second one would be better on an actual art page, or just smaller.
-End message

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

Your top rough is my favorite, I love how you filled the space around the outline of the church with your buttons and your header. I think the only thing I'm a little iffy on is your about me section. I want your about me section to stand out a little bit more like your buttons or your name at the top.
Annalyse Klekar

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I think the first one is more interesting to look at. The contrast is awesome and makes the navigation really pop off. Maybe you could add some kind of accent of that teal in the top triangle headline elsewhere, I think it would only to how interesting it is to look at. Cool idea though!
Mark Sinnott

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

I really like the first design and i love the backgrounds on both of them they give really good depth in the design and makes them very interesting. I like that your buttons are free floating in the first design and the layout is good. What i didnt like was the second design it is a little to kiddish and the first one has more of a refined look. over all i really like where you are going and i cant wait to see what you come up with.
Sean Lee

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I really like the composition of the first rough. The church spire, your story and use of your signature creates visual interest. The only thing I would consider developing would be the buttons on the left, maybe bring in some texture...?
Cindy Salyer

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Your time and effort shows, they both look amazing. I like the top design better, the gray tones work really well against the one little splash of color. Your logo/signature looks really nice as well. If you go with the bottom I would suggest messing with the images more, they’re a bit much. Other than that they look great, keep it up.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I really enjoy the first concept, as it's visually appealing and has a nice monochrome theme going on. The composition is nice, but I feel the body of text is just hanging there.
- Starla Houck

Oreo_Chaos

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

the house desgin is very strong, esp with the arrowed navigation. maybe stronger colors is all...
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

I like the top one not much to change if any I also like the signature. will someone be able to steal it and use it though?
Robert Freudenthaler

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I like the buttons in the first one and the images and shapes in the second one. One suggestion would be to mix the two a little.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.