Project 1 - Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 1 - Roughs

Post by Instructor »

A couple of nice clean looks here, Rosemary. Though they are a bit similar. Looks like you're having too much fun in those pictures. 8-)

I'd say of the two, I'd pick your first. I like the radial balance with the images as the centerpiece. The navigation is easy to find and follow. I like the primacy of the images and how the eye is drawn to them. And the contrast of the design is appealing.

I think what would really help your design out is the addition of a texture or two to make it warmer and more inviting. Check out Alexis' designs for inspiration. I'd also loose the green on your secondary links at the bottom. Maybe try a brown, maroon, or dark red. Also try some fonts other than Chancery.

Otherwise I think you have a good start here. Nice effort! Keep it up.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

I like the layout of your second rough over your first rough. Putting the pictures of yourself on the right side of page balances out page more to me than placing them in the center. One thing I would say to focus on, is maybe moving the location of your buttons to another location or adding more to balance out the space you have on the left side.
Annalyse Klekar

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your second design more. I think that you could add some sort of larger image/or color block or something to split up the white space in some way. I think its a good start though!
Mark Sinnott

nikkihillman

Post by nikkihillman »

Although both are similar, I think the second will definitely work better both design-wise and legibility-wise.
Nikki Hillman

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

Both layouts work and the designs work well. Maybe add more color because there is so much white in the background.
Sean Lee

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I prefer your first design layout as it emphasizes your images more. My only suggestion would be to increase the leading between the type on your navigation.
Cindy Salyer

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

I like the way the pieces on the first design fit together more. It's not as boxy as the lower image, but I agree with the others that it does feel a little bare. I would consider some more imagery and color to fully bring together your design! Have you thought about a background texture or some shadows to give your design some depth?
Tara Rinehart

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the second one of the two, but would like to see more color. Why did you re-arrange the letters of your name?
Jena Molina

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

Both of them are similar and dont have either enough color or stuff within them. I can only suggest looking at other websites to see how far you can go.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.