Hi GRC 175. Here are my two roughs for my 175 website

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
daveryjones

Re: Hi GRC 175. Here are my two roughs for my 175 website

Post by daveryjones »

I enjoy the top rough a lot more. I like your monochromatic concept but there are a few changes I would make but they are just my personal opinions. First, your body copy is still hard to read so I would get rid of the black box, change the font color to black, then justify your paragraph. Second, I think the light blue color you used in your header and footer should also be applied to the TMCC logo and your links. Maybe even move the TMCC logo to the center of your footer. Remember that is doesn't have to be perfectly symmetrical (unless that is what you want).

Great Job! Love your use of imagery
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, I see possibilities in both designs, Warren.

Time for me to be the horrible client and suggest a blend of your two designs. I think the layout of your first design is superior, but the second design has the better background image. So merge 'em together and create an awesome mutant/hybrid.

I like the large logo at the top, it immediately establishes what the website is about. I don't think it needs a big ol' black box around it though. I think placing your navigation in a black bar at the top is also a strong statement. So strong, I think you can ditch your buttons and just have text in the black bar. The large footer works well also, just enlarge it slightly so the type has a bit of margin at the top and bottom and push the type in slightly so it has room on the right and left. Gotta' give that type room to breathe. I'd snag the bodycopy box from your second design also, it has good margins and I like the opacity better. It also needs a sans-serif type throughout the website rather than the rounded serif type you have now. Also, lose the dark blue. Keep the black white, and light blue.

Good start, sir. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing the finalized design.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

For your first design I really like the image that you projected onto your goggles, I think that was a really awesome idea. The only issue I think I find with the layout is the image in the middle is the only thing that really catches my attention, where in the second layout design with the boardwalk it all looks really clean. I like your choice with the color yellow for the font and buttons. The navigation and your name stand out more to me in the color yellow than in the blue used in the first design.
Annalyse Klekar

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I think I enjoy your first design more. The graphic is more appealing and reminds me more of a personal page. I would work with your color scheme of your text and text boxes. If you were with colors within your graphic you would have much more unity. :)

-Ashley Anderson

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the second design more. The goggle photo is very interesting though. I like the layout of the second design more. I think that with a stronger color scheme it could really come together to be an awesome website.
Mark Sinnott

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

The layout of both are really good and have a good feel. I like the first one a lot because of the reflection in the goggles is really like good work!
Sean Lee

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I like both designs, but I think the overall layout of the second one is stronger. That said, I really like the images you used in the first one. I don't know if there would be a way of combining them...
Cindy Salyer

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I like the second one better, but I feel the first one is more personable. Maybe if you could combined the elements it could make for an awesome page!
- Starla Houck

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

I think your first design with the ski glasses is the more dynamic of the two. I especially like how all the other colors are muted outside of the reflection. It's a cool idea. However, I would ditch the idea that all your titles and nav links and everything else has to be put in a black bow. Ditch the boxes, or make them transparent, or get creative with them!
Tara Rinehart

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

The use of the "road" in both is very clever, but the first one really grabs my attention. I love the reflexion in the goggles. I'd like to see some of the color from there used on the rest of the page.
Jena Molina