Project One Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project One Preliminary Critique

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I see some good starts here.

I think I'll need to be the idiot client here and ask you to combine the two designs you've presented here. Each has pieces that I think would make a pretty good whole. First, take your font and layout from from your first design and blend 'em with the blue color and navigation from your second. Next, make sure your type has a bit of margins around it to give it a bit of room to breathe, right now it's a bit cramped, particularly on the left side of a lot of type. Also, make sure your button text is the same size. Take your longest word or phrase and size your buttons to that word, then build the others off of that button. Lastly, you may want to look into some light textures to give your website a bit more visual interest. Take a look at Alexs' for inspiration on texture use. Maybe use glassy or plastic textures instead of his papers though.

Keep building on what you have here and you'll have a good little website. Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

So I have mixed feelings on your roughs, I like the choice of color scheme with the blue rough more then the pink. But I like the layout of the pink rough more then the blue. I really like they way you displayed your about me section with a photo of yourself next to the about me section in the pink rough. I will be excited to see which one you decide to go with.
Annalyse Klekar

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I think I like the layout of the first website more. It seems to be coming together good! I'm not sure about the color scheme, I would go on that color scheme website that he showed us in class to help pick good colors it works well.
Mark Sinnott

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

I like the layout of the first design and the font. I dont really care for the colors and looks a little bland. Try some more colors or other colors. Good job on the designs.
Sean Lee

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I like your first design best, but I think the blue color scheme from the second design works better with your images. The body copy is a little hard to read and might be best in a clearer font.
Cindy Salyer

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I feel the second concept has more going for it than the first one does. The font on the first is too personalized and offset whereas the second it fits better. Maybe if you refine the second one some more?
- Starla Houck

Oreo_Chaos

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

The 1st one is nice and funny , seems like a chat site , go with that thought.
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

The spacing is way off one the second one the words run together if confusing was ideal I'd go with that one. It's kind of like i just used that run on sentence. Hard to grasp. Cool colors though.
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the layout of the first one. I think the pink needs to be adjusted. Not changed to a different color, just tweaked.
Jena Molina