GRC175 Project1 Preliminary critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
moserary

Re: GRC175 Project1 Preliminary critique

Post by moserary »

The second one is much easier, visually. But, as Vicki asks, if that's your original artwork on the first one, mix it up and add to the color scheme. Like mine, the white background is harsh and overrides your artwork; original artwork is always more interesting!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, I think you've got two really interesting ideas here, Yoshiki.

The first one acts as a framing device for a whole bunch of interesting New Wave/Warhol blended art. It has kind of a clean-grunge look that's easy to process. Howvere, between the white background and blocky layout, it looks like a worksheet.

I like your second one the best. The blue background color really helps set up the content of the page and fills space without drawing attention. The graphics are textbook examples of excellent iconography and work well with the layout. The colors are well selected and compliment each other well. It has a clean aesthetic that's easy to pick up as you go through. I think the typeface is well chosen for the layout and compliments the design. The layout is blocky, but that's well concealed with rounded buttons and a rounded typeface.

The only issue I see is to take the whole composition and kick it up slightly so that it's vertically centered.

Excellent work, sir. I look forward to seeing the final version.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I like the second one best for sure. I love your icons and can't wait to see what you do to spice up this design. It is clean and simple but maybe too simple? I love your display of your illustrations on the first rough but I feel like it looks a little busy because I don't know what to look at first.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

The first website design is easy to navigate through, I like how the buttons are upfront easy to read. My personal favorite is the second design with the blue background. For some reason just the layout and the buttons are really appealing. I like each of the images that you placed in the buttons to represent each of them. I feel the second design is an overall better design.
Annalyse Klekar

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

Your first design appears to have a little more visual interest then the second design. I would add some color in, it looks very flat with the white at the moment. I would also work with your fonts as the ones you have right now may be a little to simple. :)

-Ashley Anderson

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the second one more as well. I think it would be cool if you added your body copy below your name and got a sort of balance between the title/body and the buttons down below. Cool concept though.
Mark Sinnott

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

Both designs work well and i think you should maybe not have so much of your work on the front page, maybe make a gallery page maybe. good work!
Sean Lee

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I really like your second design. It's simple but intriguing. I like the colors you've used also.
Cindy Salyer

Oreo_Chaos

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

Both are very strong. i could go almost either way but id have to settle with the 1st!
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I prefer the second one over the first it seems more simple in the good way. Although, the first one is probably the best because the better images.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.