PROJECT 1 FINAL

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
warren.asher@gmail.com

PROJECT 1 FINAL

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

Hello class. Here is my final layout for project 1. I would really like any and all ideas on how to make the black footer at the bottom work better with the type.
Attachments
revised_final.jpg
revised_final.jpg
-Warren Asher-

j.alexis93

Re: PROJECT 1 FINAL

Post by j.alexis93 »

This is a nice improvement. The top bar is working really well. I especially like your logo. For the footer, I think just making it smaller would help. I also think using the same blue throughput the design would help unify it.
ALEXIS ROSALES

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

Your nav bar is great, I kind of dislike your bright blue color choices, I would just do a black transparent box instead of that blue, also your main logo is that same blue, its so blue... maybe its just me.

moserary

Post by moserary »

I didn't notice the different blues as much as the wintry scene (one we're all praying to be repeated multiple times this year!) The black footer works fine. With the changed color scheme, it brings the information to the forefront.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

It turned out pretty well. I like that you use a picture as a background and keep it simple!
I would scale down the type on the bottom right in footer and it may make it better!
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I really enjoy this page for the most part. There are couple of things I would work on. I am not sure I like the turquoise color used, I don't feel it meshes well with your background. I would use something a little less bright. Also I am not sure I like your body text being put into the corner. I would move it more towards the center and play with sizing and opacity there. Great job so far!

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I agree with a couple of the other comments, I feel like your blue is too bright and vibrant so it clashes with the background. Maybe try a darker blue like the footer text color? The image is awesome though. Great work!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Another design that is really made by it's background image. The design feels very cold and crisp because of it's winter background picture. Your pale blue accent color works really well too. It plays on the winter theme of your background picture and even makes it more chilly. I like the bold sans serif navigation type. It makes your navigation super easy to follow and use. Your body copy is nicely placed and the blue background on it's box serves to offset it from your photo.

I think you have too many fonts here though. The design would have worked a little better had you reused the sans-serif font from your logo on the navigation, your page title, and anything you want to bold on the footer. My 2¢ on the footer? I think it needs a sans-serif type, like your logo or navigation, in a uniform size slightly smaller than your "Web Design & Publishing" text. Also use the same blue as the rest of your accent blues.

Otherwise I like what I see here.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

Very cool looking site man, the image is so good for it I could look at it forever. I think its working well though, maybe just get out the rulers and double check your buttons spacing on the top it looks like a few have larger gaps. Very clean site though.
Mark Sinnott

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

It looks great.

I would make the size of button equally, you change the size of button as words changes.
Yoshiki Katabami