My Final Project One

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
papasmurf124

My Final Project One

Post by papasmurf124 »

I chose to change the background. I'm going for confusing and slightly irritating can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Attachments
What do you think?
What do you think?
Robert Freudenthaler

Blackfïsk

Re: My Final Project One

Post by Blackfïsk »

This is... interesting, kind of clashy you have like 5 different fonts and colors that don't follow any color scheme. Also we are not adding a search bar, that's kind of advance.

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The header seems to be working pretty well for me, but the rest does seem kind of confusing. Don't know if you were actually joking around about that or not ha.
ALEXIS ROSALES

moserary

Post by moserary »

Although busy, it is well balanced and makes sense to me. All the different images on the right seem to be buttons, are they? It would make sense to use them to dig further into what about you interests me. If you are a complex person, this suits you more than your roughs. I've seen much worse, infinitely more annoying sites, sorry!

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

This is working really well layout wise. I would suggest getting rid of the drop shadow on the subhead or making it a darker blue/ black. It doesnt match well with the color of the nav bar. I would get rid of the stroke on the body copy box as well. I don't think it is needed.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your layout. Its very balanced and easy to navigate. I would just use darker colored text box behind your body copy, not the white one, because there is no reason to use the same color with type for the background.
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like your background image but the colors chose for the text are kind of messing with my eyes, especially the drop shadow on your top text. Also your logo is a bit pixelated, I would find a higher res image to add in there.

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I'm still seeing some serious contrast issues. I can't read any of your body copy. Also, I feel like the images on the right look like an after thought, not like they are meant to be there.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Here's another design that is clean and simple and is really made by it's background image. The cityscape immediately establishes a feel fro the website and informs it's color palette. The blues give it a cool urban feel and the picture makes me feel that this is a crisp evening ready for me to paint the town red.

I'm still losing the body copy in it's text box. I'm not sure white with a glow is really working there. Also, I'm not sold on the different sized navigational type. The logo could have been moved up to give it a bit of bottom margin as well. A couple too many fonts in use there as well. I probably would have gone san-serif for the whole thing.

Nice effort, sir.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I think that it is a cool image and I like the colors with it, they go well together. Maybe a little bit of contrast but you can fix that easily.
Mark Sinnott